01-10-11, 06:35 PM   #1
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

SBF Replacement?

I tried searching for all relevant topics on a replacement buff mod to Satrina... but couldn't find any; so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I started using Aura Frames as well. The only thing I don't like about it, is that I can't set the alpha/fade out to player debuffs, target debuffs, or any of the containers for that matter (or I may have just missed something). As well, Aura Frames doesn't include the tracker as something that is included in the player buffs container - which was really helpful, especially now that I've been spoiled by SBF.

Does anyone know of a buff mod that is similar to SBF, in that I can set buffs/debuffs in a button style frame while being able to manually set fade out/alpha options, and have the tracker (as well as misc useful buffs) as part of the container? (I'm pretty much looking for something that is really close to SBF)

Thanks in advance.
01-10-11, 07:39 PM   #2
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Cerranos,

You might try Raven. It can probably do all the things you described. The default setup shows bars, but you can turn them off and just show icons.
01-10-11, 11:00 PM   #3
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
Hi Cerranos,

You might try Raven. It can probably do all the things you described. The default setup shows bars, but you can turn them off and just show icons.
I gave Raven a try... and while it's a nice mod, I had a few issues with it. First, I didn't see any options to sort according to duration (if there were, I totally missed it). Also, I like to have buff counts appear separately, but Raven forces me to enable labels first so that the 'count' appears in parenthesis - and since I use only icons, with a specific font, it became frustrating real quick. And lastly, the ability to include tracker items was great - but it displayed an icon for every tracker item I checked, which sort of impairs my ability to keep things 'clean' and 'minimal.' I guess I'm just used to SBF where it displayed only a single buff icon for all checked tracker items.

Anyway, I guess I can go back to Aura Frames since it's somewhat useful for me. I'm really sad to see SBF being discontinued; it was such a great mod. Thanks for the suggestion though, Akkorian.
01-11-11, 01:15 AM   #4
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Cerranos View Post
Anyway, I guess I can go back to Aura Frames since it's somewhat useful for me. I'm really sad to see SBF being discontinued; it was such a great mod. Thanks for the suggestion though, Akkorian.
SBF is discontinued? I am not sure about that, but I am sure sbf is still usable in current wow version.
01-11-11, 01:24 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Satrina said as much on the addons page. Several people have asked to continue the project but nothing is official. So for now its discontinued.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-11-11, 04:10 AM   #6
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

I didn't see any options to sort according to duration (if there were, I totally missed it).
It is possible to sort by durtion, creation time, a to z and all other kind of sortings.

Maybe when you tried out raven it wasn't implemented yet? All I can say is that Raven is such a wonderful addon and now that I think of it, I like it even more than I liked SBF.

Also, you can set up conditions which should cover your needs for those tracker items I guess, unless I mistake your point for something else.
01-11-11, 07:45 AM   #7
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Aarokh View Post
It is possible to sort by durtion, creation time, a to z and all other kind of sortings.

Maybe when you tried out raven it wasn't implemented yet? All I can say is that Raven is such a wonderful addon and now that I think of it, I like it even more than I liked SBF.

Also, you can set up conditions which should cover your needs for those tracker items I guess, unless I mistake your point for something else.
Thank you, Aarokh... I might go back and give Raven another try then, since it did seem to be pretty customizable. As for the tracker items, what I would like is simply one icon (the main icon where I can check which items/buffs I want to track). With Raven, every item I checked appeared as an icon, and therefore took up space; this is the part I didn't like.

Anyway, I'll give it another go.
01-11-11, 09:20 AM   #8
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

Like I said, you can set up conditions like for example: If a Deathknights has neither unholy nor frost nor blood presence running it will show up an icon stating a custom text. Mine is "You have not selected any presence!"

I set it up like a bar that runs through my unitframe and "tints" it red while this condition is true.

The same goes for when I am prot specced with my Paladin and don't have the aggro buff up. (Cannot remember the english name of the buff but I bet you know what I mean)

I bet you could set up conditions to show you a "fully buffed" icon when you have a set of specific buffs on you as well. I haven't tried this though since I usually don't use buffs for this but a LDB plugin (Energized).

Here is a screenshot of my interface. Both the bars above my unitframes and the buffs in the upper left are all from Raven:

WoWScrnShot_010711_012408.jpg
01-11-11, 10:30 AM   #9
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Aarokh... the buff bars on the upper left corner of your screen, how did you get the count to show up without having to use the labels?

I tried to figure that out the other day, but for the life of me couldn't find any options to do so.

01-11-11, 11:13 AM   #10
soxism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AuraFrames!

And they are:
- extremely Light Weight compared to SBF!
- Customisable Look
- Fliters
- All the Jazz you should need in an Aura Frame
01-11-11, 11:17 AM   #11
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

I just checked in the options and I couldn't find an option to enable and disable it either, but in the layout tab the positioning is done via the two sliders called Icon text Inset and Icon Text Offset.
01-11-11, 02:57 PM   #12
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by soxism View Post
I hadn’t seen that one before, probably because I don’t spend much time browsing Curse, but...

The filtering and ordering is unique. No addon has ever approach Aura Frames with the way the internal system is working. The biggest difference is that Aura Frames is not checking aura's on specified properties but is building real lau code blocks that are parsed by WoW and are executed as native lua code!
I have no idea what that means. How do you filter auras if not by checking their properties? And isn’t everything in an addon “real Lua code” that’s “parsed by WoW and ... executed as native Lua code”? That’s been my understanding, at least.
01-11-11, 04:00 PM   #13
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Aarokh View Post
I just checked in the options and I couldn't find an option to enable and disable it either, but in the layout tab the positioning is done via the two sliders called Icon text Inset and Icon Text Offset.
Right on... I found them. I just hadn't seen the option to enable the test bars, so I feel a lil silly. I think I'll use Raven now that I've been able to really get into it. As for the tracking buffs, the conditions will not help as it doesn't consolidate all tracked items into a single buff. But that's ok, I'll just exclude tracked items and use SLDataText for that.

Anyway, thanks for the help, Aarokh.

EDIT: I don't suppose you would know how to change the color of the timer text, along the lines of what OmniCC uses? I really like OmniCC, but the font I use doesn't quite fit with the scale of the icons. My debuffs are smaller than my buff frames... so that causes a lil problem with Stano757Caps font at small scales.

Last edited by Cerranos : 01-11-11 at 04:02 PM.
01-11-11, 06:00 PM   #14
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

If you mean the clock timer, I disabled it because I didn't find any scaling option for it and it looks awkward with my pixelfont, so I cannot help with that =/
My workaround is a small bar at the bottom of the icons that lets me see the duration of the buff in a visual percentage way, and of course the timer in minutes below the icons.
01-11-11, 08:00 PM   #15
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I use AuraFrames. It's a really nice addon. If you don't like Auraframes try Raven.
01-12-11, 12:42 AM   #16
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Rosoaa View Post
I use AuraFrames. It's a really nice addon. If you don't like Auraframes try Raven.
I've been tinkering with both now... and ultimately went back to Aura Frames. I really wish it had some sort of alpha setting or the ability to fade out when in combat - something at least. As well, I also would like to see it include the tracked items as buffs (like SBF did). But, in the end I went with Aura Frames since it feels a little more comfortable than Raven (just personal preference is all).
01-12-11, 03:57 AM   #17
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Use Kong UI Hider for all your fading needs.
01-12-11, 11:01 AM   #18
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

I'll also give Auratimers a try, especially since I am a customizer and like to check out alternatives.

One big criteria about addons for me is their useability in the future. I hope one of these two addons will stay up-to-date for a long time.

Hate to see good addons like SBF vanish over time. :/
01-12-11, 11:29 AM   #19
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I've been tinkering with both now... and ultimately went back to Aura Frames. I really wish it had some sort of alpha setting or the ability to fade out when in combat - something at least. As well, I also would like to see it include the tracked items as buffs (like SBF did). But, in the end I went with Aura Frames since it feels a little more comfortable than Raven (just personal preference is all).
Use Kong like Led said. Type /kong. Select the buff frame you want to fade. Check the default hidden alpha and make it 60% or w/e you'd like to fade the frames to. Then go down to combat and check show out of combat. This will fade the frames to 60% when in combat. As for the tracked items and buffs do you mean filtering specific buffs? Like having just your well fed buff or flask buff in a separate frame?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » SBF Replacement?