01-24-08, 10:24 AM   #1
EBO11
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

New xperl update wont show pet

Down loaded the newest xperl last night and installed (after removing the previous version). It will not show my pet. If i go under the all tab in set up the show pet is not checked. If i check it and then reload ui still no pet (go back in and check and the box is unchecked again). I tried for 1 1/2 hours last night w/ no success. Thank you for all the help you can give me.
01-24-08, 11:28 AM   #2
EBO11
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I dont think i made this to clear. I dont see my pets life bar. It used to be right beside mine. When I changed over my life bar and all were in the exact spot w/ the same set up from the other xperl. When i attack a very small misplaced pet status bar show up pushed part of the way under my top fubar. It will not allow me to move it and it goes away after combat. TY
01-24-08, 11:36 AM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a forum, not a chat room. So wait.

And you could report your xperl bugs into the xperl comments instead of making a new thread for every single problem you get.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
01-24-08, 05:09 PM   #4
EBO11
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Sorry i didn't think I described the problem correctly so I added information. I also know that this a forum and I wait for answers. Everyone that has responded to any problem i have ever come across has always been helpful on this site.
01-24-08, 06:15 PM   #5
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post

And you could report your xperl bugs into the xperl comments instead of making a new thread for every single problem you get.

Wow, how friendly.
01-24-08, 11:06 PM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by EBO11 View Post
Sorry i didn't think I described the problem correctly so I added information. I also know that this a forum and I wait for answers. Everyone that has responded to any problem i have ever come across has always been helpful on this site.
Just for reference in the future you can edit your post to add info/stuff/junk.

Don't mind Dreadlorde, he probably hasn't had any cookies in the last couple minutes.

Also, you might get more specific help if you posted over in the X-perl comments area here.

Last edited by Syxx : 01-24-08 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added linkage
01-28-08, 04:36 AM   #7
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post

WOW care to back off the rudeness there buddy. He did wait if you look at the time stamps he waited over an hour so maybe instead of jumping on a new person you can help him out.

Now as to your problem. You can try removing the top fubar (just temporary) then going into combat /xperl ad move the pet frame to where you want it and make sure your /xperl [pet] is set up right. Chances are it is. Worst case scenario is that you have to revert to an older version. I have had to do that on a few of my addons because of a glitch. just wait a few and they might patch it. Another thing you can do is make sure you dont have any old unit frame folders in your interface folder that might cause it to get twinky. As well look and see if your other addons are up to date. That could be a cause.
01-28-08, 10:48 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Actually, I think Dread got that line from me. Things move slower in a forum than in a chat room, and patience is key. If it were the Blizzard forums, and his post went off the first page or something, then that would be an acceptable time to bump. (Though Blizzard doesn't allow bumping in their forum code of conduct, actually.)

That said - this didn't seem like your everyday bump, but like just more information.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » New xperl update wont show pet