04-09-17, 04:29 AM   #1
gazzlowe
A Defias Bandit
In-game virtual keyboard

I would like some kind of ingame virtual keyboard for touchscreen UI.

Most people say that wow is example of game that can never be played on tablets, but they are wrong as wow is actually the most touch friendly game ever made.
However if you consider that you can actually click to move, let your cammera follow the terrain and character direction, bind everything except movements and then click (touch) it from action bars, then you realize that wow is actually very touch playable and also enjoyable.

Only thing i really miss to perfection is ability to have an touchscreen keyboard while playing in fullscreen mode.

04-09-17, 05:14 AM   #2
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ConsolePort seems to come pretty close to it, no idea about touch screen though. If normally clicking also works, then yes

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...houd_work_wow/

Even Celestalon, one of the WoW devs uses a (pen) tablet to play WoW (?!)

Last edited by Ketho : 04-09-17 at 05:20 AM.

04-10-17, 06:41 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Google for the win: http://bfy.tw/B9fn (and yes, this is a Google link, just shortened).

04-10-17, 08:57 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That was not helpful, myrroddin.

The OP already plays on a touchscreen. They're looking for a way to use an on-screen keyboard while doing so.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-10-17, 11:31 PM   #5
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Maybe Comfort On-screen Keyboard Pro. Says it's touch screen enabled.

Originaly found linked from an AbilityPowered.com page

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 04-10-17 at 11:34 PM.

04-12-17, 11:39 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In my experience, the game's camera doesn't like touch screens. I haven't tested it recently, but the last time I tried to move the camera around using one, it kept spinning out of control.

04-17-17, 10:44 AM   #7
gazzlowe
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
ConsolePort seems to come pretty close to it, no idea about touch screen though. If normally clicking also works, then yes

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...houd_work_wow/

Even Celestalon, one of the WoW devs uses a (pen) tablet to play WoW (?!)

Thanks for info this might be simillar to what am i looking for, gonna give it try when i get to play for awhile, sadly it has nothing like qwertz layout .
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Maybe Comfort On-screen Keyboard Pro. Says it's touch screen enabled.

Originaly found linked from an AbilityPowered.com page
This is not way unless you go in windowed mode.
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
In my experience, the game's camera doesn't like touch screens. I haven't tested it recently, but the last time I tried to move the camera around using one, it kept spinning out of control.
Well it is not cos whenever you do any gesteture game thinks that you pressed mouse in middle of screen and moved it to the place where you've made gesteture (=spinning around unless you make your gesteture aproximately in middle of screen)

The thing is that you really don't have to manually move camera like you do with standard pc ui.

Not sure about recent version (I just started playing on 1.12 private server cos i wanted to level through original content), however i believe all these features are still accesible via commands even if they may not be inside interface options anymore.

You just have to vertically lock camera to character's direction, lock it horizontaly to the terrain, turn on click to move, make several /run SetView "x" macros (4 are enough for meh), invert left and right mouse button functions and bind jump (in case you get stucked) and autorun to standard zoom gestetures (ctrl+mouse wheel in win 8.1)

The autorun bind is not necessary if you play a bit with your graphics settings.
I cannot explain why, as i don't really understand it's problematics, click to move might randomly stop working.
I found some forum post over internet (i lost the link also), where it was somehow explained why it happens. I can just recommend you to set your device's display frequency to 60 or bellow and turn on v-sync.
When i did these changes then tapping anywhere above horizont is most likely the same as autorun, before these changes my char used to randomly stop moving.

04-21-17, 03:30 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » In-game virtual keyboard