08-07-06, 08:27 AM   #1
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a Titan to Fubar conversion guide somewhere?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of switching over to Fubar but there are a few Titan plugins that I use and can't do without that doesn't have Fubar equivalent. I've decided to try my hands at converting them.

So, I've been looking for example or guide lines or tips on how to convert stuff from Titan to Fubar and didn't find anything. Are there information that are available that would help me in this? Anybody with prior experience that can share some insight?

Thanks in advance.
08-07-06, 12:55 PM   #2
ra1d3n
A Cyclonian

i can't think of a plugin that has not been converted.
can you name some?
08-07-06, 04:24 PM   #3
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Titan Recomended Zone and Titan Rogue Powder are the first two that comes to mind. I'm still in the process of converting so I have not really checked every since one of them yet.
08-07-06, 05:27 PM   #4
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by LaoTseu
Titan Recomended Zone and Titan Rogue Powder are the first two that comes to mind. I'm still in the process of converting so I have not really checked every since one of them yet.
LocationsFu has recomended zones and ReagentFu I believe can do Rogue Powder (it does Shaman and Mage items at least)
08-07-06, 09:36 PM   #5
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Thanks for the suggestions.

LocationFu might be a replacement for Titan Recommanded Zone although I like the way the latter display its information better. With TRZ, you can also configure the range of level you want to include.

ReagentFu is a port of Titan [BuffReagents]. I use Rogue Powder instead of BuffReagents because Buff'Reagents doesn't display the things the way I like it. A quick review of RegentFu tells me that the things I don't like about BuffReagents have been ported. I should probably test it further but for now, I would say that RegeatFu will be the same as BuffReagents.
08-07-06, 11:48 PM   #6
Pester
A Cyclonian
My favoritest titan mod -- Itemized Deductions!! -- no fubar version..

but I think that also because ID is "being rewritten"...
08-08-06, 12:03 AM   #7
neolith
A Fallenroot Satyr

ReagentFu is a port of Titan [BuffReagents]. I use Rogue Powder instead of BuffReagents because Buff'Reagents doesn't display the things the way I like it. A quick review of RegentFu tells me that the things I don't like about BuffReagents have been ported. I should probably test it further but for now, I would say that RegeatFu will be the same as BuffReagents.
It's not a FuBar plugin, but maybe RogueCounts does what you want:
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.p...ic,1784.0.html
08-08-06, 12:29 AM   #8
Mindleglalaxy
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Hope this helps????

RegeantFu does work and shows all of Rogues Powders etc as that is what I use all the time.
To read more about regeantFu go here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4818. But for applying posions I use weaponrebuff http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...uff-redux.html and the fubar plugin for it http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...nrebufffu.html

ItemizedDeductions is being completed by Tekkub right now and I am using it and loving it. you need to get a SVN download client though go to Tekkubs site to get details and instructions here http://tekkub.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=10. With this you will need KCI but only a few part of it which is explained on Tekkubs portal above. Oh and btw this pluggin is now easier and better to use that its Titan version

It took me a while to come over to Fubar because it didn't have everything I wanted but now I can't go back as I have foind some fantastic FuBar pluggins especailly on the SVN download client do enjoy and I hope you end up liking it as much as I do?

Enjoy

PS: forgot to say that LocationFu is like Recommended Zone level but with extras. it also gives you extra options for you main map like co ordinates which also allows you to remove other addons like CT-Map mod if you are using that and also Recommended Zone level which I thought I would never go without.

And all the Battle Ground pluggins are great if you do battlegrounds?

Last edited by Mindleglalaxy : 08-08-06 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Forgot something!
08-08-06, 06:15 AM   #9
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

First of all, thanks to everyone who are giving tips to help in my Fubar conversion. This is very mush appreciated :-).

@Mindlegalaxy: I also use WeaponRebuff and I was aware of the Fubar plug-in for it :-). I had also read about the entry for RegeantFu but this is not mush information there about what option it has. What BuffRegeant did that I didn't like was to display all the poisons together regardless of the type. I'm working on my Fubar migration with an alt that is not a rogue so I haven't test RegeantFu properly for poisons yet. I will.

LocationFu is nice but I like the way the latest Recomanded Zone display the information (it adds the zone for the instances, allows you to widen the level range you want to display, allow you to display contested zone in different colours, can also add the continent to the zone information). Metamap is already supplying the coordinate for me.

Speaking of Metamap, here's an another one that doesn't have Fubar support. I found an old BossPanel plug-in but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't do battleground but if I start doing them, I'll look into the addons for sure, thanks for the tip.

@neolith: thanks for the info on RegentCount. I will look into it but I would prefer by far have the one-line information that I need displayed in the Fubar. Fubar and Titan are for me a quick and optimized way to see or access information and to call options panels. In order to save screen real-estate, I try a lot not to add floating information anywhere else.

@everyone: my original question still stand, are there information out there on how to port a titan addon to Fubar. I would like to give back (if only a bit) to the Fubar community for providing such a great addon.
08-09-06, 01:02 AM   #10
Mindleglalaxy
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb

Hi again,

I haven't tried it but in the Fubar folder you will find an example of how to create a pluggin for Fubar. As I said I haven't tried it myself but it is meant to make it much easier and I think from what I have read you can just change the wording to whatever your requirments are and the code stays constant that way. I also think you should know that FuBar2 is being worked on at the moment and don't know about compatability so you may end up with issues there. One suggestion if you can't find the folder I am talking about (cannot remember which one sorry) just go to CKKnights portal for help http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...a=listfeatures . Anyway good luck.

And I forgot about the extras that Recommended Zone level offered as haven't used it in ages and basicaly no all that extra information as have been playing the game to long now lol.

Anyway take care and good luck (can't wait to see you post a FuBar pluggin and if you want I will help by testing it out if you need but have no idea about lua or coding sorry)
08-09-06, 01:11 AM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You will likely find this of use when you go to create yours.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-10-06, 05:38 AM   #12
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Thanks for the info guys. I'll look into the plug-in and I'll try to get my hands dirty a bit to learn how it all works.

At this point, there are only a few missing plug-in that I really need to completely switch to Fubar. I'm very looking forward to it but I know I won't be able to tackle the more complicated ones like All played or Rogue Powder anytime soon. I think I'll probably try something like the AutoBuff or Metamap addons that basically just give you an easy option to call the configuration panels. That sounds like a good starting point.
08-13-06, 10:58 AM   #13
wmrojer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm the author of Titan Recomended Zone, and i've just switched to FuBar. So expect a Fubar Recommended Zone in a not to distant future.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of switching over to Fubar but there are a few Titan plugins that I use and can't do without that doesn't have Fubar equivalent. I've decided to try my hands at converting them.

So, I've been looking for example or guide lines or tips on how to convert stuff from Titan to Fubar and didn't find anything. Are there information that are available that would help me in this? Anybody with prior experience that can share some insight?

Thanks in advance.
08-13-06, 12:15 PM   #14
MetaHawk
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the info guys. I'll look into the plug-in and I'll try to get my hands dirty a bit to learn how it all works.

At this point, there are only a few missing plug-in that I really need to completely switch to Fubar. I'm very looking forward to it but I know I won't be able to tackle the more complicated ones like All played or Rogue Powder anytime soon. I think I'll probably try something like the AutoBuff or Metamap addons that basically just give you an easy option to call the configuration panels. That sounds like a good starting point.
Having switched to FuBar myself, I naturally added FuBar support in the latest version of MetaMap.
08-13-06, 01:10 PM   #15
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

mmm... yes, as all the developers come to the dark side, my plan is unraveling in its purest form.

mwahaha.

;-)
08-19-06, 06:51 AM   #16
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by MetaHawk
Having switched to FuBar myself, I naturally added FuBar support in the latest version of MetaMap.
And Autobuff is also already done. I guess I will need to start with something not so trivial (and I better get off my fat but before the not so trivial get done too).
08-19-06, 10:18 AM   #17
avngr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I recently released Fubar - NinjutFu which you might find useful in place of Titan Rogue Powder.
08-19-06, 11:51 PM   #18
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

RogueFu is popular, someone already pointed me to it in this thread :-). I will try it.

I've started writing an ACE version of AllPlayed. It's going kind of well so far. All the data that I need get populated properly in the SaveVariables and the function that calculate the totals is done. I'm at the point where I need to print the result in the console. After that, I'll add FuBar support. Once the thing is further along, I'll try to contact the original author and see if I can post the ACE version somewhere.

Writing an ACE2 addon from scratch for the first time can be a bit frustrating but I'm quite please with what I manage to do in one day especially since all I did before that was to do some minor LUA hacking to existing addons.

Anyway, I'm not an author yet but I feel like I'm a bit more then an Hacker :-).
08-20-06, 03:19 AM   #19
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AllPlayed does the same as RestFu, doesn't it?
08-20-06, 08:53 AM   #20
danterner
A Murloc Raider
This may be of some help to you: http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/Tit...gin_conversion

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Is there a Titan to Fubar conversion guide somewhere?