11-29-10, 02:10 AM   #1
Lisu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite Quest Watch List - InforPanel

Hi There:

I love that you have integrated Carbonite into Nui! I still have one issue sometimes - and do have to open the map to have it reappear in the infoPanel. Not sure if this is my own issue, or just a minor glitch. In any case, I would love to be able to tuck my Carbonite Quest Watch List into a separate InfoPanel Pane.

Thanks for listening and I apologize in advance if this is a repeat suggestion.

Take Care,

Lisa

11-29-10, 07:42 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Lisa --

I'm not the author of the Carbonite plugin for nUI... that said, I do recall having read more than once about the map bug you're referring to. I don't know if that will ever be fully fixed... I think it's related to how Carbonite works.

As for the quest list in the info panel, I really can't speak to that. I suspect it's doable, but it's likely non-trivial to accomplish. I'll keep that thought in mind though as I work on nUI6... maybe I can figure out a way to cram the default quest tracker into an info panel.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-29-10, 08:28 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
psst Scott

Feel free to grab the code out of my scrolling watch frame addon That seems to be jumping into the infopanel when I want it to with no complaints so far from people using it .. assuming people are still using it of course

11-29-10, 08:45 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I completely forgot you had made that plugin.

*doh*

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-29-10, 10:50 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Although I haven't seen the effect with the new dungeon quest system where the quests pop up. So far seemingly attached to the quest watch frame but could be coincidence.

11-29-10, 12:01 PM   #6
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
psst Scott

Feel free to grab the code out of my scrolling watch frame addon That seems to be jumping into the infopanel when I want it to with no complaints so far from people using it .. assuming people are still using it of course
I must be blind, I can't seem to find that plugin in any of the categories.

11-29-10, 12:08 PM   #7
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Because it can be used independently of nUI, it is under the normal list of addons, not in any of the nUI categories. Just type Scrolling Watch Frame in the Find box and it will pop up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11-29-10, 05:48 PM   #8
Lisu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So I downloaded the Scrolling Watch Frame and docked it in the InfoPanel - but it only shows the word Objectives at the top with a number in the (). The number does correspond to the number of achievements I am currently tracking. However, no actual objectives or watched quests are listed - even after relogging/rebooting. Any chance Carbonite is creating a barrier? Or..?

11-29-10, 06:24 PM   #9
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yeah you can not use both Carbonite Quest watch and Xrystal's addon as carbonite wont move into it, and disabling Carbonite's quest list, you lose CArb's 'quest' info on the map....
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

11-29-10, 07:15 PM   #10
Lisu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Alrighty then. Well it was a good thought - but I am not willing to give up my Carbonite Quest Tracking - so I guess this is not the solution for me. However, if you ever do figure out a way to integrate the Carbonite Quest Watch into an InfoPanel that would indeed be awesome. Thanks All!

11-29-10, 08:00 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
My apologies in confusing you with my post. It was meant for Scott when he was talking about creating an info panel to hold the default quest watcher.

As has been said, sometimes using multiple addons with similar functionality is not a good idea as they may be conflicting with each other as to who does what.

11-29-10, 08:40 PM   #12
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
My apologies in confusing you with my post. It was meant for Scott when he was talking about creating an info panel to hold the default quest watcher.

As has been said, sometimes using multiple addons with similar functionality is not a good idea as they may be conflicting with each other as to who does what.
it was a good Idea... I just like Carbonites map and 'gps'
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

11-30-10, 11:47 AM   #13
bolawalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thumbs up Tracker

You really want Carbonites map and the tracker up at the same time anyway.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Carbonite Quest Watch List - InforPanel