10-29-14, 03:15 AM   #1
Noxvenator
A Defias Bandit
Possible to count looted corpses?

Hi all!

I have never made any addons before, but I got an idea for something that I would need an addon for, so i decided this could be the time.

But before i even begin, i was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to register how many corpses you loot?
what i'm thinking of is when you have AoE looting active you only get one loot window, but does WoW somehow keep track of just how many corpses it is that you loot, and can i get access to this info somehow?

Alternatively, is is possible to register when you kill a lootable mob?

If ayone is wondering, what i'm thinking of making is simply an addon where i can start a stopwatch, and it will start counting all mobs that i loot or can loot from that point, untill i stop the count. This is too create a statistic over how fast i can clear an area and how many mobs i get loot from in that area while clearing it.

I suppose i could just go through and kill everything as fast as possible first and then count and loot after i have killed everything, but where is the motivation to learn addon writing in that, right?
10-29-14, 03:57 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can see the GUID of the mob that dropped each piece of loot in the loot window using GetLootSourceInfo(itemIndex), so you could count the number of mobs that actually dropped loot, it would not tell you how many didn't.

You might keep separate statistics of how many mobs you killed and how many actually dropped loot.

Last edited by semlar : 10-29-14 at 03:59 AM.
10-29-14, 11:49 AM   #3
Noxvenator
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
You can see the GUID of the mob that dropped each piece of loot in the loot window using GetLootSourceInfo(itemIndex), so you could count the number of mobs that actually dropped loot, it would not tell you how many didn't.
Looks like this might be the way to go.

So, time to learn some LUA i guess!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Possible to count looted corpses?