11-01-09, 12:16 PM   #1
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Button borders

Reinstalled wow and lost the custom button border, does anyone know where i can find customized borders for the ingame buttons such as: bag slots, character interface buttons etc, basicly wow's default button skin modified so no i'm not talking about button facade. I remember it being part of a ui compiliation and it was a folder i had to put in the main wow's directory so not in "interface" or "WTF".
11-01-09, 02:27 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

They are either loaded with an addon, or you can put then in a custom format outside of the Addons folder within Interface.
11-01-09, 06:01 PM   #3
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
They are either loaded with an addon, or you can put then in a custom format outside of the Addons folder within Interface.
I'm sure it was not a addon, it was just a folder that i picked out from a ui package and had puted it in the wow's directory.
11-01-09, 07:43 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What zero is talking about is using graphics replacements and not addons. You can replace various graphic elements by placing the appropriate .blp files in the interface folder, NOT the addons folder.

This method required no addon coding to function. It isn't very common currently so there aren't any examples I can think of (though I'm sure a few exist) to demonstrate.

This is the only method I'm aware of that works as you describe it. It is possible that the method has changed but I can't rightly say.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-01-09, 10:24 PM   #5
susurration
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I think this is what you are talking about. Extract to your interface folder, NOT to your addons folder.

http://drop.io/susurrati0n/asset/bli...eplacement-zip

I have no idea where I got it either.. but it's nice.
11-02-09, 03:14 AM   #6
Katheriuh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks susurration, I like it a lot. I was wondering if it uses up any memory or makes any effect on FPS. Also, I noticed Jasje_UI came with this. It's pretty neat and I enjoy the simple/smooth look it gives to the default Blizzard UI.
11-02-09, 01:09 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by susurration View Post

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...CONTINUED.html
11-02-09, 07:43 PM   #8
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I've messed with changing these images before, mainly so I didn't have to use an outside source like rActionButtonStyler. However there is a small graphical glitch that I don't know how to correct. When I log in, the action buttons look fine just sitting there. However if I move them around, part of the original icon's border shows through a tad, which is extremely annoying, and for me, makes using these sort of replacement images unusable. I can't help but wonder if there isn't some image that I'm neglecting to replace that is causing this problem.

I've been replacing...

Buttons/UI-Quickslot
UI-Quickslot2
UI-Quickslot-Depress
UI-QuickslotRed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example_icons.jpg
Views:	1481
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	3526  
11-03-09, 12:30 PM   #9
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by susurration View Post
I think this is what you are talking about. Extract to your interface folder, NOT to your addons folder.

http://drop.io/susurrati0n/asset/bli...eplacement-zip

Perfect that is what i was looking for, placed the Button folder in Interface and that's it, thx mate.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Button borders