01-08-13, 04:20 PM   #1
Faerydae
A Defias Bandit

oUF Phanx Layout - Fading Out of Combat?

I adore the Phanxs oUF layout, it's both minimalist and stylish.
The only thing that could perfect it for me personally, is if I could have my player and pet bar fade out completely when out of combat.
I like as little as possible visible on my screen when I'm toodling around.
Could anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so how to implement it?
Please bear in mind that I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to understanding code.

Thank you,
Sally x
01-08-13, 06:01 PM   #2
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
You can check out oUF_Fader by p3lim. While it is outdated at this point, I've been using it since last year with another oUF layout and have no real issue (just a single taint error that occurs once).
01-09-13, 02:47 AM   #3
Faerydae
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
You can check out oUF_Fader by p3lim. While it is outdated at this point, I've been using it since last year with another oUF layout and have no real issue (just a single taint error that occurs once).
Thank you for your reply.
As suggested I tried the oUF Fader, however, I can't get it to do what I want it to do.
Which I realise is no doubt down to my lack of knowledge.
So far I've added the oUF_Fader as an optional dependancy in the Phanxs oUF TOC file.
As I've said I really do not understand code, but I thought perhaps changing the self.FadeMinAlpha to 0 would fade the bars completely, and it did.... the problem was, none of the bars reappeared again during combat/interaction with NPC's ect.
Thank you in advance for any further help.
Sally x
01-09-13, 08:18 PM   #4
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Faerydae View Post
Thank you for your reply.
As suggested I tried the oUF Fader, however, I can't get it to do what I want it to do.
Which I realise is no doubt down to my lack of knowledge.
So far I've added the oUF_Fader as an optional dependancy in the Phanxs oUF TOC file.
As I've said I really do not understand code, but I thought perhaps changing the self.FadeMinAlpha to 0 would fade the bars completely, and it did.... the problem was, none of the bars reappeared again during combat/interaction with NPC's ect.
Thank you in advance for any further help.
Sally x
I'm not sure what you added into your layout's files, but if you've only added self.FadeMinAlpha and set it to zero, then there isn't anything to tell it to come back to full opacity. You should be able to just copy the entire block of code from the Wiki link on the plug-in's page and then paste it all in there. This is pretty much what I've added to each of the frames in my layout:

Code:
self.FadeCasting = true
self.FadeCombat = true
self.FadeTarget = true
self.FadeHealth = true
self.FadePower = false
self.FadeHover = true
self.FadeSmooth = 1.0
self.FadeMinAlpha = 0
self.FadeMaxAlpha = 1.0
03-17-13, 09:32 AM   #5
Daagar
An Aku'mai Servant
Thank you, this worked for me with the latest oUF_Phanx!

There is one conflict, however: Phanx has range-checking code for the pet bar, which will conflict with oUF_Fader's bar fading. It was necessary to edit line 912 in frames.lua to remove the 'unit == "pet"' portion of the range check - otherwise the pet bar will stay full alpha when the pet is in range.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF Phanx Layout - Fading Out of Combat?