07-12-09, 07:50 PM   #1
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fileplanet rips you off!

I love to give heads up when I come across stupid things. I recently attempted to obtain a beta key via the Fileplanet offer (for those who remember/participated in). Of course, the moment I paid for a subscription (as per their terms), they were suddenly out of beta keys! I filed for a refund since I wasn't getting the deal I signed for:

Email Notification (Organization Contact): Yes
Date Created: 7/2/2009 2:27 PM PDT
Date Updated: 7/12/2009 3:05 PM PDT

Ticket Description
Subject of your request (please select): Account/credit card questions and Login help
Please choose one: Beta Help
Need Help With: Help Canceling my subscription
Please provide as many details as possible including any error messages.: Followed a link from aiononline.com about obtaining a beta key from Fileplanet. Page stated that Registered Keys were already gone but subscriber keys were still available. I signed up, completed the credit card info. Once done, I was directed to http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions...ta/closed.aspx.

So one of two things have happened.
1) I got the last key (which I don't have)
2) Someone else got the key while I was registering

If the latter is the case, please refund my subscription to my card as I will not receive the service I had signed up for.
I waited for a response and finally got one in my email today:

Greetings!

We have not received a response from you and are now closing your ticket. Our hope is that your question was resolved previously.

We are closing this ticket at this time. If you need further assistance, please revisit the Support Center http://support.fileplanet.com and we will be happy to help with a new ticket. This ticket will no longer receive replies.

Thank you !
Um, okay....

So I've responded again:

Date Created: 7/12/2009 6:40 PM PDT
Date Updated: 7/12/2009 6:45 PM PDT

Ticket Description
Subject of your request (please select): Account/credit card questions and Login help
Please choose one: Does not apply
Need Help With: Help Canceling my subscription
Please provide as many details as possible including any error messages.: I've already submitted a ticket for this (Ticket 2833-7896842) and have received no response until today. I just received the following email:

"Greetings!

We have not received a response from you and are now closing your ticket. Our hope is that your question was resolved previously.

We are closing this ticket at this time. If you need further assistance, please revisit the Support Center http://support.fileplanet.com and we will be happy to help with a new ticket. This ticket will no longer receive replies.

Thank you !"

Now, typically when one files a ticket for support the RECEIVER is supposed to respond, not the FILER. I'm not very appreciative of getting my issue blown off by "lack of response on my part" when your support team, in fact, is the one who has failed to respond. Just as it was convenient that there were no more beta keys the moment I paid for a subscription, it's AWFULLY convenient that now that the beta is over that I finally receive a response, dismissing the ticket to boot!

As originally filed, I want my "subscription" refunded as I did not receive what I signed up for.

My apologies, but I'm not just going to "go away". Yes, it's a measly $7 US, but it's the principle, not the amount, that is the issue at hand.
Let's see what happens.
07-12-09, 08:44 PM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

I wish you the best on dealing with Fileplanet, I've never had any luck with them so I quit dealing with them. Unfortunately many companies love doing beta tests through them for whatever reason.
Imho, one of the worst companies I've experienced, sadly.
I actually try to avoid all the IGN companies. But that's a whole other subject.
07-12-09, 09:11 PM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I had a free membership through Comcast. At the beginning of the year they dropped the promotion.

As much as I enjoyed the free beta's I'm not paying FP for a sub to get access to them.
07-12-09, 09:37 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
< snip >

2. No libel. No defamation of character. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-12-09 at 09:40 PM.
07-12-09, 10:13 PM   #5
WillsDM
A Murloc Raider

Didn't know it was against the rules to warn other people about how not to get screwed by someone. I'll have to bare that in mind...
07-12-09, 10:20 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by WillsDM View Post
Didn't know it was against the rules to warn other people about how not to get screwed by someone. I'll have to bare that in mind...
WillsDM I don't think the OP broke any of the rules. Cairenn just thought that things might go that route and just wanted to remind people in a friendly manner. You can easily warn people about rip offs with out resulting to name calling.

If rules were broken the thread would have been locked or deleted.

Now lets get back to topic.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-12-09 at 10:24 PM.
07-12-09, 10:24 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What he said!

But seriously, I/we always try to keep an eye on things and will warn folks to watch the line if it's a topic that can get hot.
07-12-09, 10:32 PM   #8
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I haven't ever had to contact Fileplanet support but if they just close the support ticket with out even trying to contact you that is pretty bad and I would hope it was a mistake by one of their CSR people.

If you don't hear from them again I can try and find some other contact info, they were at the SOE Fanfaire event giving out free 30day/1yr subscriptions a few weeks ago. Since they are owned by IGN you could contact them to let them know whats going on http://corp.ign.com/contact.html

Last edited by Dolby : 07-12-09 at 10:34 PM.
07-13-09, 06:50 AM   #9
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
But seriously, I/we always try to keep an eye on things and will warn folks to watch the line if it's a topic that can get hot.
Kudos, Cairenn, for doing your best to keep things on the up-and-up.

You know guys, things could be worse. You could actually break the rules and then have to see her "play the bad guy" as it were and outright reprimand you.

Which would you prefer: receiving a friendly warning or getting a stern confrontation that you've broken the rules?

I think I know which my preference would be, and I'd even probably say thank you for it.

07-13-09, 06:52 AM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Although... I have enjoyed the occasional spanking from Cairenn... Here, I mean... On WoWI.... Really...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-13-09, 07:23 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It looks to me like their email auto reply feature is having issues. I would look at some other way to contact them, even if you have to find domain name information and call them via phone.
07-23-09, 11:28 AM   #12
Sythalin
Curse staff

Well, they sent me a copy/paste response about my "lack of response". So again, they're blowing me off on the matter.

So, yeah, I got screwed. Not going to say more than that this already walks the line on "don't slam other stuffs!".
07-30-09, 07:00 PM   #13
Sorian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dispute the charge with your credit card company. You will get your money back and Fileplanet will lose out on it.
07-30-09, 07:47 PM   #14
reg0ner
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Well, they sent me a copy/paste response about my "lack of response". So again, they're blowing me off on the matter.

So, yeah, I got screwed. Not going to say more than that this already walks the line on "don't slam other stuffs!".
Hey thanks for the heads up Chaos. Will definitely steer clear of fp now.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Fileplanet rips you off!