08-02-09, 12:51 AM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Farming for Pets and Mounts

I was wondering if there is an addon that will allow a player to track certain kills. For instance while farming for the Firefly I would like to keep track of all the ones I kill until I finally get it. Conversely when hunting for the elusive Macaw there are different types of Bloodsail Pirates and I would like to keep track of all of those kills including the Captians and mates, but not the Demons that Warlocks use. I've tried Historian and Mobcount but they track too much information. I want to be specific and have the ability to save counts under different headings. So when I'm in Zangermarsh I can select the Firefly option and that's the only counting it will be doing. Then when I headdown to STV I can switch to my macaw Kill Count.

This would be great for how many times did you kill the Baron before you received the DeathCharger.

Let me know if you can offer any advise or addons that might do this.
08-04-09, 06:37 AM   #2
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
...This would be great for how many times did you kill the Baron before you received the DeathCharger.
I don't know of an addon to track farmed mob kills, but to punish yourself (myself) with Baron kills, you can just go into your achievements pane, statistics, dungeons, classic and there is a counter there for the Baron.

currently #104 and counting..
08-04-09, 06:55 AM   #3
Jagger_
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
I don't know of an addon to track farmed mob kills, but to punish yourself (myself) with Baron kills, you can just go into your achievements pane, statistics, dungeons, classic and there is a counter there for the Baron.

currently #104 and counting..
Great.. I don't want to know how many times I've killed him.. but now that I know that's there I have to look. >_<
08-04-09, 06:47 PM   #4
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
You know maybe this is where I should be focusing my request. I just discovered the Static page and I was thinking about two things.

One personal stats and second guild stats-I'll start another post for that one specifically.

On the personal stat maybe an LDB that you can click and it would track your chosen boss kill. Selecting the Baron and having ticker that will show that number for you at will.
02-02-10, 06:17 PM   #5
Zorklat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You know, the firefly thing is EXACTLY why I want a mod like this -- I've heard they won't drop for any toon that hasn't killed at least 1000 Zangamarsh stinger mobs. For my purposes, something that just tracks how many of any given mob I've killed, and put that into the mob's tooltip, would be enough.

edit: tracking the cumulative drops of each mob would also be very nice.

Last edited by Zorklat : 02-02-10 at 06:31 PM. Reason: forgot something.
02-02-10, 10:25 PM   #6
alphaomega16
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Zorklat View Post
You know, the firefly thing is EXACTLY why I want a mod like this -- I've heard they won't drop for any toon that hasn't killed at least 1000 Zangamarsh stinger mobs. For my purposes, something that just tracks how many of any given mob I've killed, and put that into the mob's tooltip, would be enough.

edit: tracking the cumulative drops of each mob would also be very nice.
*Cough* Mobinfo3 *Cough*

Didnt hear it from me
02-03-10, 11:11 AM   #7
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Actually if hunting for pets is what you really want Mobinfo 3 might be a little too much data. For pet specific I would suggest BunnyHunter. It was made after I started this post and I'm greatful for it. It does give me a goal when hunting for the parrot.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Farming for Pets and Mounts