09-19-08, 05:41 AM   #1
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Trade Skill Request - Resources actually

I am currently looking into a interface of some type that will allow me to either have a pull down menu or a typed in menu to where i can put in say Liferoot and it will tell me what all Liferoot can be used for? I know i can go to thotbot or other places and use external browser to find the same information but sometimes when I am crafting or at auctions and see something good or something i acquire I would like the chance to see hey what does this really go into? Is there anything out there like that already per chance?

V/r
Belszy
09-19-08, 07:26 AM   #2
Zorklat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
There is a similar functionality in the Informant addon, part of the Auctioneer Advanced Pack. It adds all tradeskills which can use an item to its tooltip, though not the names of the items it's used for.
09-19-08, 07:39 AM   #3
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Correct

You are completely correct but alas its not what i am looking for. Have some items collected but cant figure out what they belong to without going to external browser and you know being old sometimes you forget to write it down or just simply forget to check on it when you log out of game Hence why i am asking if there is something already out there that does this.
09-19-08, 06:39 PM   #4
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try Mendeleev.
09-19-08, 08:32 PM   #5
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
TradeskillInfo does this. Shift-RightClick any item in your inventory and it will bring up a list of everything that it can be used in with full list of recipes and recipe details. Also lets you link item or recipes to chat and will even allow you to shift-rightclick again to follow a trail (example: shift-rightclick netherweave cloth to see the recipe for bold of imbued netherweave, then shift-rightclick bolt of imbued netherweave to see the recipe for imbued netherweave bag). It will even give you location to where you can learn the recipes or tell you what vendors sell them or if they are a drop. It doesn't give detailed drop information but it does what you're asking for.

http://files.wowace.com/TradeskillIn...o-r81378.3.zip

http://files.wowace.com/TradeskillIn...oUI-r72793.zip

Last edited by littlebuddha79 : 09-19-08 at 08:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add links.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Trade Skill Request - Resources actually