10-23-08, 01:09 AM   #1
Neolock
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
CT Buff Mod Issue.

Hi

Having a little problem with CT Buff Mod, in that it won't remember setttings.

I'll tell it to remove the title,
I'll resize it and position it.
I'll set the order of buffs.

Then as soon as I login/Logout it's forgotten them all.

Can't seem to get it to remember anything.

In CT Core I've also tried asking it to remove the mini map button which it does but when I log back in it's forgotten but I attributed this to the fact I'm using the "simpleminimap" mod which was screwing it , just figured I would mention that incase it might help.

All other mods are functioning fine, love this mod any help appreciated.

Running VISTA
Addons directory now in public directory.
Paladin

Other mods running
CT core
ct mail

X-Perl
Bartender 4
Minimap mod
Alar
Atlas Loot
Advanced Trade Skills
Cartogropher
Guild Fu
Double Wide
Lightheaded
Quest Helper
Bagnon
11-17-08, 01:27 PM   #2
Dargen
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CT_BuffMod settings are saving fine for me (I'm using Windows XP). You could try using the CT_BuffMod 'reset options' button in the CT Mod control panel (/ct).

The most likely thing that would prevent settings from saving, is if the saved variables file is marked as read only, or if you do not have write permissions on the file or folder. Under Vista, it could be that the saved variable files are in the wrong place, or in more than one place.

Try doing a search for the filename CT_BuffMod.lua (be sure to include hidden files and folders in your search) to see if there are any other copies of that saved variables file on your hard drive. If so, delete the ones you find, reinstall the addon, and try it again. It might be that the game is finding or updating a saved variable file that is located in a one folder, but when the game starts it reads the settings it from a different one.

Here is a link to a thread on the WoW forums which discusses troubleshooting addons under Vista.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Last edited by Dargen : 11-17-08 at 01:29 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CT Buff Mod Issue.