02-21-13, 02:59 AM   #361
Anieze
A Defias Bandit
How did you make pitbull look the way you did?

02-21-13, 03:21 AM   #362
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Anieze View Post
How did you make pitbull look the way you did?
In RealUI 6, it was done via kgPanels on top of Pitbull frames. RealUI 7 uses oUF.

02-21-13, 04:57 AM   #363
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I've wish I could have said this sooner... ...welcome back Nib! All the best.

02-21-13, 10:43 AM   #364
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
I've wish I could have said this sooner... ...welcome back Nib! All the best.
Thanks

02-21-13, 09:40 PM   #365
megan13xo
A Defias Bandit
Hi there, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I want to move my player and target frame to a different position on the UI. I can't find any way to do this with the oUF settings you have, I can move all of the auras next to them to where I want them, but not the actual frames.

Is there a way to do so? I don't really want to use a different unit frame addon when I'm happy with the ones built in.

02-22-13, 12:15 AM   #366
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by megan13xo View Post
Hi there, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I want to move my player and target frame to a different position on the UI. I can't find any way to do this with the oUF settings you have, I can move all of the auras next to them to where I want them, but not the actual frames.

Is there a way to do so? I don't really want to use a different unit frame addon when I'm happy with the ones built in.
Easy done, just open World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\oUF_RealUI\cfg.lua, and modify the X and Y positions of the Player and Target frames.

02-22-13, 04:14 PM   #367
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Nib, is there a way to set the quest title text to Morpheus font? I'm looking at Aurora but I can't seem to find the setting for it... or is some other addon handling the quest fonts?

Thanks.

02-22-13, 04:55 PM   #368
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Nib, is there a way to set the quest title text to Morpheus font? I'm looking at Aurora but I can't seem to find the setting for it... or is some other addon handling the quest fonts?

Thanks.
In the quest log? I think those fonts are set by the fonts in the World of Warcraft\Fonts folder.

02-22-13, 05:44 PM   #369
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
In the quest log? I think those fonts are set by the fonts in the World of Warcraft\Fonts folder.
I don't have a Fonts folder with RealUI. My trick with other UIs was to put every replacement font that's renamed to the default Blizzard fonts. I don't include a MORPHEUS.ttf so that I'll still get that untouched in the Quest Log. I learned to do that from http://www.vranx.com/font.htm

02-22-13, 05:54 PM   #370
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I don't have a Fonts folder with RealUI. My trick with other UIs was to put every replacement font that's renamed to the default Blizzard fonts. I don't include a MORPHEUS.ttf so that I'll still get that untouched in the Quest Log. I learned to do that from http://www.vranx.com/font.htm
Oh, I forgot that RealUI sets those fonts manually. Open up the nibRealUI\Core\fonts.lua file, and add a -- to the beginning of the QuestFont_Shadow_Huge:SetFont(font, 17 + adjSize) line. It's somewhere near the bottom.

02-22-13, 09:39 PM   #371
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Oh, I forgot that RealUI sets those fonts manually. Open up the nibRealUI\Core\fonts.lua file, and add a -- to the beginning of the QuestFont_Shadow_Huge:SetFont(font, 17 + adjSize) line. It's somewhere near the bottom.
Thanks Nib! Also had to do it to aurora.lua for it to work. Cool.

(Which got me thinking, can't aurora.lua just handle what fonts.lua could do? Or vice-versa? It seems redundant.)

02-23-13, 06:45 AM   #372
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Hey nib, welcome back. Hope you're feeling more yourself. Do you know of any way I could skin Weak Auras' icons to match Real? I use it in conjunction and it drives me nuts that the icons have the old WoW style. Masque doesn't support skinning Weak Auras, so I'm stumped.

02-23-13, 09:31 AM   #373
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
Hey nib, welcome back. Hope you're feeling more yourself. Do you know of any way I could skin Weak Auras' icons to match Real? I use it in conjunction and it drives me nuts that the icons have the old WoW style. Masque doesn't support skinning Weak Auras, so I'm stumped.
This post by Anj may hold the answer.

If you're bothered that some icons are not "properly" skinned, try

to
Clean Icons - Cold http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cons-Cold.html

or

to
Clean Icons - Thin http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cons-Thin.html

I prefer Clean Icons - Thin because Clean Icons - Cold desaturates the icon colors. It's a cool effect though!

Each one is about 70MB but since it just skins icons, it doesn't have any impact on resources.

02-23-13, 10:14 AM   #374
Mortarius
Premium Member
Premium Member
While questing on my character I got these two bugs, I believe right when I hit level 10 (Wasn't paying attention to when they popped up.). Also I am not sure if these are fully related to RealUI or AckisRecipeList.

Bug #1: 2013/02/23 10:00:10 Local (error) - 67
2x nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:687: attempt to index field "framelevel" (a nil value)
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:687: in function "UpdatePosition"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:868: in function "Refresh"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:1026: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
AckisRecipeList-2.4.4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <AckisRecipeList\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil

Bug #2: Today Local (error) - 68
1x nibIceHUD-7.3 r7\IceCastBar.lua:584: attempt to perform arithmetic on local "endTime" (a nil value)
nibIceHUD-7.3 r7\IceCastBar.lua:584: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":13: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
AckisRecipeList-2.4.4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <AckisRecipeList\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil

Thanks

02-23-13, 01:20 PM   #375
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Mortarius View Post
While questing on my character I got these two bugs, I believe right when I hit level 10 (Wasn't paying attention to when they popped up.). Also I am not sure if these are fully related to RealUI or AckisRecipeList.
Thanks, I shall look into it

02-23-13, 02:15 PM   #376
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks, I shall look into it
I used to get similar errors but redownloading and reinstalling r9 seems to have done the trick.

There is a different recurring bug though: chat bubble names. Sometimes the name of the one talking is wrong.

Last edited by Anj : 02-23-13 at 02:18 PM.

02-23-13, 02:25 PM   #377
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I used to get similar errors but redownloading and reinstalling r9 seems to have done the trick.

There is a different recurring bug though: chat bubble names. Sometimes the name of the one talking is wrong.
Ahh. For the name issue, I don't think there's a solution to that. The name is taken directly from the event that fires the speech bubble creation, and it can sometimes be wrong. I don't think the default Blizz speech bubbles show the name, so it may be that this was an issue that never got looked at.

02-24-13, 06:01 AM   #378
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ahh. For the name issue, I don't think there's a solution to that. The name is taken directly from the event that fires the speech bubble creation, and it can sometimes be wrong. I don't think the default Blizz speech bubbles show the name, so it may be that this was an issue that never got looked at.
Thanks Nib! What I've been doing too is to comment out the background and border -- I think it's cleaner that way.

02-24-13, 08:56 AM   #379
anubis06660
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
errors after r9

Couple things

1. Not sure if it's Real related but after r9 install, the launcher crashes after about 5 seconds.
I can go into the wow folder and click either .exe and wow runs fine.

2. I started a rogue, hit level 6 and obtained Ambush. The 1st time I used received the error below. I wanted to double check it was skill related. So I cleared the error, and when i went to stealth had no issues, but as soon as I used Ambush, it popped up again. Error below....the embarrassment emote should be ": o" without the space and quotations.

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "MultiBarLeftriginalHide()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:91: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:67>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:102: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:95>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:120: in function "Hide"
FrameXML\MultiActionBars.lua:63: in function "MultiActionBar_Update"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:160: in function "ValidateActionBarTransition"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:127: in function "ActionBarController_UpdateAll"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:53: in function <FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:42>

Locals:
nil

02-25-13, 11:51 AM   #380
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
Couple things

1. Not sure if it's Real related but after r9 install, the launcher crashes after about 5 seconds.
I can go into the wow folder and click either .exe and wow runs fine.

2. I started a rogue, hit level 6 and obtained Ambush. The 1st time I used received the error below. I wanted to double check it was skill related. So I cleared the error, and when i went to stealth had no issues, but as soon as I used Ambush, it popped up again. Error below....the embarrassment emote should be ": o" without the space and quotations.
Curious. Nothing changed in r9 would have affected the Launcher. In fact, RealUI doesn't come with anything that affects the Launcher

With the Ambush bug, is it still happening to you?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI