05-17-09, 08:40 AM   #61
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

My main is a Blood Elf Mage. I generally am not fond of the Alliance. There are too many short, cartoony bits running about the screen. >< LoL I like Mages because I enjoy the skill and precision it takes to play one, and I like the Blood Elves because they're pretty, and they have all the right kind of arrogance in their personality. The racial bonuses aren't bad, and I've found them so handy that I don't like having to do without them, but they were not my initial driving motivation. My Mage alt is a Draenei. The racial HoT is an amazing addition to my play style (I like running myself down to 5% health by the end of combat in the name of being awesome), and Draenei are one of the classiest races on the Alliance imo (I rolled them for friends that play Alliance).

Last edited by us2006027321 : 06-30-09 at 09:42 AM.
05-22-09, 04:28 PM   #62
fel-ix
A Kobold Labourer

lock is the best

i choose warlock undead cause have : will of forsaken , lol
05-22-09, 05:06 PM   #63
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Because fear ward and hymn of hope were unique to draenei priests
05-22-09, 05:35 PM   #64
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Sylvanas. Best reason to be undead. Picked priest to keep my buddy alive while he leveled his toon. Never intended for it to become my main.

My previous main was a belfadin, made when BC was new. Hopped on that bandwagon early, hopped off when the ride wasn't fun.
05-22-09, 07:57 PM   #65
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i picked hunter because the guy that got me to start play had one.. and he loved it and talked alot about it.. so i knew genreally how to play one before i started... i picked NE because they have the highest base agi (witch BTW isnt a big difference <.<) 3 years down the road and over 100 days of played time.. im still playing the VERY first toon i rolled ever as my main...

i suck >.>
05-22-09, 10:40 PM   #66
eternalphear
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I chose a Blood Elf Paladin, because I played a paladin on another MMO and i loved it to death, and my friends were on Horde. Although everyone seems to assume I did it to be OP.
05-22-09, 10:52 PM   #67
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
.... There are too many short, cartoony bits running about the screen. >< ...
We will bite your ankles and steal your underpants for profit!

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-23-09, 06:55 AM   #68
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

And WE will infiltrate your notoriously short faction and grief your quests and battlegrounds, because we're sneaky like that.

Horde: we're doin' it right.

05-23-09, 09:22 AM   #69
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

We're not short. We're concentrated!!

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-30-09, 11:25 AM   #70
Richie
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Humans looks good and are not the smallest one, death knights have cool graphics, looks cool, fun to play, can tank & dps by only changing his Presence (frost/blood).
I think i like to much of them to say it all in this one message.

Oh, and i played all other classes and that were just boring as hell!
05-30-09, 11:34 AM   #71
Farm Fresh
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally I was a Dwarf Hunter. Why? Uhm... Uhm... I don't really know. I didn't want to be anything too "odd" and a stretch of the word "humanoid." Hunter was just awesome because, let's be honest, who is not jealous of our pets? After playing him to level 15ish, (not very long, I know) I decided my brother as a Paladin was just too cool. He could tank 4 things at once and not blink! So I became a Human Paladin, and that's how I remain, content on Moonrunner. I love being able to take on 4 enemies at once, and I love the complexity of having more spells than my action bars can handle. It gives me things to do in battle and outside, and it lets me play a backup healer when need be. My hunter later came on another server. A PvP server, Daggerspine, in the form of Orc Hunter, Nepheleim.
06-16-09, 11:12 AM   #72
aquafina33242
A Defias Bandit

I wanted to stand out from other people...but didn't like gnomes or dwarves. So I rolled with a draenei mage *first 80 *. But I didn't like him for endgame stuff so I'm rolling a human pally. I chose human because I love the rep bonus. On my mage I loved getting achievements so I figured it would be a little easier on a human.
06-28-09, 08:07 AM   #73
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Main - Human Mage
- Mage because I've always loved being "the ranged" or "the magic guy" ever since I started playing RPGs. Mages seemed the closest thing to my D&D Battle Wizard I had at the time (april '05) and I didn't want to be a hunter because I wanted to be different then my RL friends (5 out of 8 were playing hunters at the time).
- Human because I didn't like the feel of gnomes. Spent a couple of years regretting the decision because I really liked the mounts and the racial Escape Artist. And then humans got Every Man For Himself and mounts were made available to everyone and I became happy.

Alts - N. Elf Druid and Draenei Shaman
- Druid because I wanted a Tank that could function reasonably well soloing and without dual-specs at the time Prot Warriors and Paladins seemed too slow for me.
- Shaman because I wanted a healer that didn't rely on the 5-sec rule to regen mana.
N. Elf and Draenei because they were the only races that had the classes for Alliance.
06-28-09, 02:32 PM   #74
Irgnoam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Troll - Because I can't play any other race, duh. Fallen in love with the race, and I now have way too many troll characters. Just wish they could be warlocks!

Priest - I had been meaning to roll a priest for a while, as I wanted to try it out. At about level 20 I was fully hooked, and started facemelting my way through the levels. After a few weeks WotLK arrived, and then I was level 67. Decided I was bored of Outland, so I went to Northrend, facemelted some clueless DKs, and started levelling some more.

...Am bored of it all now though. The whole "OMGLOL U SUX BCUZ U ONELY HAS 2K SP LOL I HAS OVER NINE THOUSAND LOL NUB"-population of WoW... No thanks.
06-28-09, 10:41 PM   #75
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I always wanted to be a troll. Waaay back in vanilla, I used to watch a friend of mine play on his troll.
Then another friend of mine started a hunter, and I finally decided to try too.
Now, my first character ever was a nightelf hunter. Why? because my friend was a nightelf hunter. Hey, good enough for me.
It was not the class for me though, and I decided to roll a Nightelf Female druid.

... Why?

Cause I liked the starting robe.
Oh, and I made her hair match the starting robe.

Yeaaaaaaaah...
At level 10 I specced balance, because I thought I was being clever. "Hey, I dont even have bear form or catform or whatever, so speccing feral would be stupid!"
That was before I knew you got bear form at level 10. But I continued on as Balance (well, I didnt know you could respec either) and she has been my main ever since, and stayed as balance from level 10 to 80.

And I forgot to place my talent points for 20 levels, and when I finally got Moonkin Form at level 40, I didnt start to use it until level 52, cause it was ugly. Mind you, I had never tried any game like WoW before.
07-19-09, 04:27 AM   #76
Memoria
A Kobold Labourer
I wanted to play gnome at first, but at the same time I wanted an really important role, which is healing. Tanking is important, therefore I could have choose a gnome warrior. But I believe that healing is more important, so I studied the other races. I believed that humans would be optimal since they got more spirit. So it became a Human female.

Priest it was, because I didn't really like draeneis. They just looked odd in my taste. So I didn't want a shaman. Paladins was to me a more of a supporthealer, atleast at that time (beginning of tbc). And I'm a little of a roleplayer, so I thought it sounded awesome with a spiritual priest. And Being a priest is really fun since they are capable of doing both raidhealing and mthealing, depending on how you use your spells.

Human female priest Memoria... Has a nice ring to it! ^^

Last edited by Memoria : 07-20-09 at 02:27 AM.
07-19-09, 05:41 AM   #77
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Dwarf Hunter ... ?Why?
Because i loved the idea of a mule headed stubborn jerk running around in the wilds. Accompanied by a creature bigger he was. So therefore he have a attitude. Playing dnd all dwarfs had one. I just love peaple saying you cant do that. I growl and go kill everything
07-20-09, 08:13 PM   #78
OrdinaryStory89
A Murloc Raider

I picked my Dwarf for a Death Knight because I have always loved the stout Dwarfs.

I choose a Blood Elf for a paladin, BECAUSE I HAD TO. I would have choose a Tauren, assuming I was making a class capable of being Tauren.
[H] Syntho 80 Dru -- Twisting Nether

“Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things” -- Robert A. Heinlein
07-20-09, 08:45 PM   #79
Akryn
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Katae View Post
Because fear ward and hymn of hope were unique to draenei priests
The fact that it isn't anymore is probably the best single change ever made to WoW.

"LF1M <Magmadar/Ony/Nef/Gluth/Nightbane>, dwarf priests only....anyone? Our tanks don't know how to play, they're alliance. WTS [Eye of Divinity] for win button." etc...
07-21-09, 09:13 AM   #80
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
First was my Nelf druid. For years I have always played a druid in MMOs and RPGs named Asheru so I did it to spite my then boss at the time who was convincing most of the guys who worked to play as horde. Then when the x-pack came out I rolled Kheera my Draenei shaman to be enhancement cause I was tired of healing... little did I know I would be pulled back into healing... but now im DPS again so I'm happy.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Why did you pick your race and class?