12-15-09, 10:48 PM   #1
Eziquiel
A Defias Bandit
Invite Notifier

I have searched, and not found any addon that does this - and I would imagine it is pretty easy to code. But, obviously, I know diddly squat about coding.

I would like an Addon that I can enter a list of my other characters, and that will just send a whisper notifying me when that char gets a group invite.

With the new random heroic system, I would like to queue up my character, and then level one of my alts while I'm waiting for an invite.

Should be simple, and it doesn't seem to be around.
12-15-09, 11:46 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are we talking multiple accounts here?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-16-09, 01:02 AM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

I think the new LFD feature has a sound clip that plays, I guess you could get an addon that registers an "on-event" and sends a tell to your currently played character, probably best to be a set and forget.
12-16-09, 01:12 AM   #4
Eziquiel
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Are we talking multiple accounts here?
Right, I play on two accounts, so I put one on LFG queue, and play my alt on another one. So instead of multitasking back and forth all the time to check for an invite, it would be awesome if the char could just "/w <my other char> Yo gimp, got a group invite for you!"

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
I think the new LFD feature has a sound clip that plays, I guess you could get an addon that registers an "on-event" and sends a tell to your currently played character, probably best to be a set and forget.
Except I only hear sound from the WoW that is maximized, so I wouldn't notice that.
12-16-09, 01:18 AM   #5
zero-kill
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Eziquiel View Post
Right, I play on two accounts, so I put one on LFG queue, and play my alt on another one. So instead of multitasking back and forth all the time to check for an invite, it would be awesome if the char could just "/w <my other char> Yo gimp, got a group invite for you!"

Except I only hear sound from the WoW that is maximized, so I wouldn't notice that.
Turn on the sound setting that allows for background then.
12-16-09, 04:54 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, sounds possible .. lets see.

Event to watch : "PARTY_INVITE_REQUEST"

If Event is caught, send whisper to chosen named person with the information.
Or ...

If event is caught, send http://www.wowwiki.com/API_SendAddonMessage which generates a "CHAT_MSG_ADDON" event which could then be trapped to display a message in the middle of the screen instead. This of course would work if you were using the same install or had the addon in both installations.

I'll leave it here for anyone that might want to do this if it doesn't already exist and I'll forget about it until the OP mentions that they still haven't found anything after a week or two.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-16-09, 05:49 AM   #7
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
That event does not catch if the frame is shown or not. But I got something worked up for Eziquiel that will send a message to whomever he wants it to.

Soul
12-16-09, 07:41 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah cool, great. It's not something I have played with so I was just basing it on what sounded plausible. Hopefully it is what they want

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-16-09, 08:32 AM   #9
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yeah hopefully, I tried the event you suggested at first and when that didn't work, I looked on the wiki and did not find any event that would work...so I put in a OnUpdate that looks to see if the frame is shown and sends a message every 1 minute.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Invite Notifier