09-09-09, 05:11 AM   #1
thunndaar
A Murloc Raider

Don't give up on carbonite in the next expansion!

i know when the next expansion hits it's going to hit addons like carbonite hard.

all those years of work and a lot of quests and areas will be entirely changed.

might i suggest quest data collection addon that people could install that would output information that would be submitted to carbonite developers?

how are you guys planning for the next expansion?

thanks,

09-10-09, 09:43 AM   #2
Latencykills
A Murloc Raider
I'd cancel my Wow account if Carbonite no longer worked. Most of my friends feel the same way.

LK

09-11-09, 02:43 PM   #3
ninjonxb
A Defias Bandit
From what i understand carbonite uses wowhead which has this app for gathering data http://www.wowhead.com/?client#faq
If I am mistaken and carbonite does not use wowhead maybe a suggestion would to build a system that does automatically from wowhead data and makes it so we can update automatically that database (like herb and mining) so when the new expansion comes out, it wont take as long. And hopefully wow head will start collecting during the beta (which i have little doubt will happen) and there will be some distinction between the data and carbonte can have some of them already done.
But from what i can tell from what they have released, the outlands and Northorend arnt changing as much. And some places are probably only changing a little and most of the quests will be the same. But obviously we will have to wait and see.

09-11-09, 03:37 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Carbonite is not dependent on any third party application or addon, and I don't think it ever will be.

09-13-09, 07:43 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Latencykills View Post
I'd cancel my Wow account if Carbonite no longer worked. Most of my friends feel the same way.

LK
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"Amen to that!!"

The Carbonite addon is the "saving grace" for WoW!!! I also have to add that the Auctioneer addon is indespensible, as well.

My only complaint about the beautiful (zoomable) detailed map graphics is that very often, the graphics are deceptive. That may be the fault of Blizzard's artists and probably not Carbonite!

For just one simple instance:

If I'm trying to get to a quest location and it is on the other side of a small mountain range, the map shows clearly an open path through the mountain chain, but it isn't actually a path! It's leads only to a dead-end!!

That happens to me nearly 50% of the time I zoom-in and try to find an avenue from where I am to another location.

The map (the artwork of the map) isn't user-friendly (or, even accurate)! It's frustrating, since the artwork could, and should have been more carefully illustrated!!!

09-13-09, 08:53 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would imagine the art for the maps was not meant to be zoomed in that far or large.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Don't give up on carbonite in the next expansion!