07-12-05, 08:06 AM   #1
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
(WDN) Development Network

I want to formally announce a project I have been working on the past few weeks, and decided to release now with patch 1.6.0

http://wdn.wowinterface.com (edited with new link)

this site is running on my personal site, but will be getting moved soon to wowinterface. I am calling it the wowinterface development network as it is a resource for developers to get comprehensive information about the ui, files, and methods for creating addons.

Features:

Version Patch Notes (finished) allows you to view the patch notes for each released version of the game.

Version Comparisons (finished) shows a deep file comparison and analysis of everything that physically changed in the FrameXML files per version.

Snapshots (finished) allows you to view the current files as they are in the live and test servers for the current client version. Basically a raw file viewer for the Interface/FrameXML directory.

LUA Reference Documentation (under development) a modified version of the LUA docs customized to only include WOW relevant data. WoW uses a subset restricted library of LUA functions and as such not everything in the full LUA 5 docs are relevant.

XML Reference Documentation (under development) compiles the formatting and organizational structure of the wow xml files.

API Reference Documentation (under development) is a comprehensive guide to the wow specific functions and handlers as defined in the live client.

Smippets & Tutorials (coming soon) will be an area in which custom code blocks are published for general consumption. Basically a place where developers can share ideas and code for easy access and organization of features...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was going to wait until the doc sections were done, but with the release of 1.6 I felt the community would want to see the version compares to better manage addon updates...

Last edited by Beladona : 12-05-05 at 08:16 PM.
07-12-05, 08:11 AM   #2
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
does it or if not could it mark the files that are different on the test and live servers?

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-12-05, 08:15 AM   #3
Beladona
A Molten Giant

that is in the comparison section. Test compares are a comparison of the test version and the live version at the time that test version was open...

So for this instance, test 1.6 is compared to live 1.5.1

Do you mean a comparison of test 1.6 to live 1.6?
07-12-05, 08:25 AM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I suppose either could be useful. since somtimes things do seem to change at the last min.

07-12-05, 08:29 AM   #5
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
or at least reload 1.6 at launch, maybe have an extra star put by them somewhere.

07-12-05, 08:38 AM   #6
Beladona
A Molten Giant

next to the compare for the test server you should now see (from 1.5.1 live) and (to 1.6.0 live) which are both links to the compares for those two versions. Not much changed from test to live, but a little did...

thanks for the suggestion, I will be making it standard with future compares...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » (WDN) Development Network