12-24-10, 06:49 PM   #1
Arcangelo101
A Defias Bandit
FPS suddenly dropping

Not really sure why but w/e I do anything involving a quest (pick up an object or Kill an NPC) my FPS drops down to around 10-20 and my screen kinda skips for a second or two. My FPS is normally around 60 and it just started happening after I dled the new version of carbonite. Any info on how to fix this?

12-26-10, 11:13 AM   #2
Arcangelo101
A Defias Bandit
So yeah...no ideas on how to fix this???

12-26-10, 03:01 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Don't do quests?

12-27-10, 03:40 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Stop tracking that many achievements?

Used to be the cause of that, at least.

12-27-10, 08:39 PM   #5
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Arcangelo101 View Post
Not really sure why but w/e I do anything involving a quest (pick up an object or Kill an NPC) my FPS drops down to around 10-20 and my screen kinda skips for a second or two. My FPS is normally around 60 and it just started happening after I dled the new version of carbonite. Any info on how to fix this?
For me, that used to happen on my older system when I ran Autobar. I ran Carbonite for a brief period, but don't recall any skipping from that. But, yes, I have had similar issues before - usually takes starting with zero addons and adding one by one to isolate the "bad seed".

I recall in Carbonite there's extensive options for warehousing and indexing. Make sure to turn all of that stuff off.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » FPS suddenly dropping