06-05-13, 10:37 AM   #1
Vaesse
A Defias Bandit
Question Dreaming of T.King's Art

Many, many years ago, when I was playing EQ, I found and fell in love with T.King's themed interface skins for that game to the point of donating fiscally. Then I switched to WoW and lost access, as he wasn't skinning WoW at that time. In 2009, due to moves and internet issues, I stopped playing WoW, and am just now finding my way back.

On a lark, I did an Google search for T.King and World of Warcraft, only to find that he HAD created skins for this game, and they just happened to be at my favorite add-on website. I got super thrilled and started following links, only to find that they are ALL dead, and long so. In fact, I can't even go to his main web site any more.

Does anybody know what happened to T.King? Is there any hope at all of finding a functioning (even only slightly so) skin of his for WoW? I really, desperately want his immersive beauty in my game.

Last edited by Vaesse : 06-05-13 at 10:55 AM. Reason: I apologize if this is the wrong place, but I thought it better than resurrecting a LONG dead thread to ask. :)
06-05-13, 11:24 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is almost no chance his themes would work in the current version of the game but if you could find the original artwork you could probably use it to reskin the interface.

While I wasn't able to find a copy of his warcraft addons, I did find the versions he made for EQ, which appear to contain the same artwork, or at least something to start from.

It would be a lot of work but I think you could recreate the skin if you really wanted to.
06-05-13, 11:44 AM   #3
Vaesse
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the tip. I have NEVER created an add-on, so it might be more than I can handle, but I did download the EQ interfaces to make an attempt if I can't find another answer. I've never been a huge fan of most artists, but two have captured my heart, and T.King is one of them.
06-05-13, 12:30 PM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The original themes were hosted here on wowinterface I believe. I think his addons were even featured for a very long time.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2570
Edit: http://web.archive.org/web/200602220...fo.php?id=4573

Last edited by ravagernl : 06-05-13 at 12:39 PM.
06-05-13, 01:45 PM   #5
Vaesse
A Defias Bandit
As beautiful as I remembered. A perfect balance of just enough without being overbearing or gaudy. I love it. Wow!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dreaming of T.King's Art