10-18-10, 06:53 AM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tracking button on minimap

Dunno if this has been mentioned already or not, but my tracking button is going haywire. It moves around as I zoom in and out on the map (minimap embedded in Carbonite map). The circle "border" graphic moves, but the magnifying glass graphic stays static in the minimap button bar. The circle is the active "button;" clicking on the magnifying glass does nothing.

10-18-10, 05:21 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Blizzard magnifying glass button should just open a menu of things to track.

Try it with all other addons disabled.

A screen shot might help.

10-19-10, 06:04 AM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'll get some screenies as soon as the servers are back online.

While Carbonite was down, I temped in SexyMap, MetaMap, and MinimapButtonFrame. I've disabled all three since the lastest Carbonite updates.

What happens to the tracking button is that the magnifying glass separates from the circle border of the button. The actual button (clickable region) remains the circle, while the magnifying glass does nothing. The magnifying glass docks in the Carbonite button bar, while the circle border of it seems to be staying attached to the minimap frame that has been docked inside the Carbonite map. So when I zoom in or out on the Carbonite map, the circle border button travels around the screen as if the minimap is moving. It's like the Carbonite button dock isn't catching ALL of the tracking button, just the magnifying glass graphic.

Screenshots will clarify and I'll double check that no addons are hijacking the button once the servers are back.

10-19-10, 11:44 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sounds like an addon modifying the button.

10-20-10, 12:05 AM   #5
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Apparently it was an addon modifying the button. Today I went to take screenshots for you. I used MoveAnything to move the buttons and screenshot the names of each frame for you. Then I reset the positions. I reloaded the ui for a unrelated reason (been tweaking Shadowed Unit Frames) and suddenly the buttons were attached and docked properly.

Incidentally, if you didn't already know, the tracking button is made up of two frames - "TrackingButton" and "MiniMapTrackingButton." The former is the magnifying glass graphic that has no interactivity, the latter is the circle border that seems to be the "real" button.

Anyway, disregard. Not a Carbonite bug!

10-20-10, 01:17 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tracking button on minimap