11-05-07, 02:42 PM   #1
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Galinn's UI first glimpse

a glimpse of my UI planning 2 put it one wowinterface but i want some constructive comments from you guys on what you ppl like 2 see "changed"

grtz

11-05-07, 03:00 PM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks nice, but wont the 3D models get in the way of the general screen area?
FuBar is a little overcluttered as well.

I like the way it looks, very smooth, most everything sitting at the bottom out of the way except the 3D models. I like. 8-)
11-05-07, 03:08 PM   #3
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
good argument m8 the models are Zuxena and aslong as u dont alt click it.. u got nothing 2 worry about..!

but u are totally right in that point of view and wel fubar is my last priority haha but i will sort that out ofc aswell :P hard part(s) first
11-05-07, 03:36 PM   #4
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Really nice.

good argument m8 the models are Zuxena and aslong as u dont alt click it.. u got nothing 2 worry about..!
Wait, so the models won't show unless you Alt-Click it? (Confused )

But, very nice!
11-05-07, 03:40 PM   #5
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
no my bad.. i meant 2 say.. aslong as you dont alt click you dont move them accidentaly.. but they do get in the way in your general gameplay.. gotta find out 2 get more layouts with pitbull but i only have 1 strangely enough.. and i dont know were find more..

:edit:
do you guys know were 2 find more pitbull layouts?

Last edited by Galinn : 11-05-07 at 03:52 PM.
11-05-07, 05:12 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
3d models are distracting. I never was a fan of full-scale 3d models that just floated on screen. It distracts you and makes you think there is something there in the game, when actually there isn't. If you want to stick with the full-scale 3d models, resize them, move them, give them a background, something.

As for PitBull layouts, copy layouts from the thread on wowace to import them or make your own. You can do most anything in the options.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-07, 05:55 AM   #7
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thumbs up Galinn's UI Update #2

after a long morning and work 2gether with the comments some ppl gave me here i got 2 this

somehow i am not satisfied with the dmge meters.. they dont fit in the total picture in my eyes.. i might get rid of it..

anyways flame away any good idea's??

Last edited by Galinn : 11-06-07 at 06:05 AM.
11-06-07, 10:44 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't see it atm on my messy desk, but if you search the violation thread on wowace, someone has posted instructions on how to make your Vio frame transparent.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-07, 11:07 AM   #9
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Here is the clear skin for violation if you want it

Quoted from A pm from JaedxRupture who can be found on wowace

"I packaged it together in an addon for you. If you're interested in the pure code, you can find it under the function "skinVio", otherwise, just install the addon and it should run and skin just fine.

When you lock/unlock the Violation frame though the skin resets, so I added a slash-command, "/skinvio" to re-skin it.

If you get any errors let me know. I didn't test the code so there may be typos."

http://www.mediafire.com/?89wbiyxqmdq

Nice work on the UI, Galinn
11-06-07, 11:13 AM   #10
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

i rly liked the symmetry with the first pic u had.

suggestions to your 2nd pic:

1. is your "clock" not to the edge of the chat window like ur "fps bar" is for a reason? i think u should move it to the edge of the chat for more symmetry.
2. to fix the vio not looking good here's what i would do: i don't rly like the mini bar and trinkets down below there and i would do something else with that other (combat log window?) and fix that side of the area up.

Screenshot to make things easier:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...linnuihelp.jpg

just my 2 cents
11-06-07, 11:14 AM   #11
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Get youself a text editor (Notepad++ is my fav, there are others) that can display line numbers. Open up Violation.lua with that text editer and then look for lines 2802 and 2803

Replace line 2802 with this:
Code:
f:SetBackdrop(nil)
This removes the background

Replace line 2803 with this:
Code:
f:SetBackdropColor(24/255, 24/255, 24/255, 0)
This removes the header color/texture

Now save the file. Keep this handy so if you update and the code gets overwritten you can go back and fix it. This is a quick copy and paste job.
11-06-07, 11:15 AM   #12
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
hmm searched but havent found it, eventually i started looking for my own solution and i am glad with it now.. i think my UI is reaching finalization now!

enjoy!

11-06-07, 11:18 AM   #13
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

ya that is better =)

i like it. i'll try it out when u make it
11-06-07, 11:22 AM   #14
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thx for all the great comments i get alot of inspiration from it!

as far as i am concerned the solo look is done! now i need 2 make it fit for party, raid, BG and perhaps some arena addon's who knows just want 2 make a complete good easy working ui of it!
11-06-07, 11:23 AM   #15
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

For your 2nd pic, I would

Delete statuswindow and get SLTimex

Hide Fubar until mouseover

Move trinket menu and the game menu bar and resize the height of the right sides chat window to the same size as the lefts.
11-06-07, 11:37 AM   #16
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Hide Fubar until mouseover
I would just make it so its about a fifth of its current size and only have guild/friends, durability and niagara display on it (as you have everything else close to the bottom of your screen, then place it above or below your minimap with some kind of experience bar behind it. I hate huge fu's.
11-06-07, 11:45 AM   #17
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ok deleted the profs bar.. and delete some stuff with statuswindow and added SLtimex!

me thinks it's looking better and better!

problem is now.. i have 2 get autobar now.. question is.. were the hell do i put it!

11-06-07, 12:11 PM   #18
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Nice
Autobar doesnt have to be in one straight line, you could make it a cube of buttons. You could move SL Timex to the top left corner under fubar and put autobar beside your spells there

EDIT: why do you have the statuswindow for online guild/friends when you have the plugins for that on fubar aswell? You could add an mp/hp tick plugin to your wild fubar collection and have no need for statuswindow ( i love statuswindow btw )

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 11-06-07 at 12:15 PM.
11-06-07, 12:24 PM   #19
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
u read my mind :P i love statuswindow aswell... i never stopped using the day it came out!

i will put up an limited amount of fubar plugins on my fubar.. i dont like it when its cramped full! but i like statuswindow and i dont see myself get rid of it..
11-06-07, 12:31 PM   #20
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Xinh
Get youself a text editor (Notepad++ is my fav, there are others) that can display line numbers. Open up Violation.lua with that text editer and then look for lines 2802 and 2803

Replace line 2802 with this:
Code:
f:SetBackdrop(nil)
This removes the background

Replace line 2803 with this:
Code:
f:SetBackdropColor(24/255, 24/255, 24/255, 0)
This removes the header color/texture

Now save the file. Keep this handy so if you update and the code gets overwritten you can go back and fix it. This is a quick copy and paste job.
You have those backwards, btw. Line 2802 sets up the texture for the titlebar of the frame, while line 2803 sets the background color for the frame.

@Galinn: I would suggest MicroMenuFu to replace the menu bar you removed. I know FuBar was last on your to-do list, but yes - hide until mouseover and get rid of any icons on it you don't need. BT3, cyCircled, etc. I, personally, never saw the need for MCPfu myself. I would also give SLTimex a gray background to balance out Violation and increase its readability. And move the questlog up higher to the corner - right now that's a gap of unused space right there (unless you have something else that goes there?)

edit: oh - and bump down the lower eePanels so they meet the bottom edge of your screen.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Galinn's UI first glimpse