08-31-10, 11:35 PM   #1
RoninChaos
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite causing stutter/lag after picking up quest items, or turning quests in.

I'm running Carbonite with no other addons and this has just baffled me.

Basically, what happens is anytime I collect a quest, pick up a quest item (like the frozen metal scraps for the quest "Hot and Cold" for the suns of hodir) or turn a quest in. The game will literally stutter. Frame rates drop, and then pick back up again.

As far as I can tell, this has to have something to do with the quest log. Reason being, if I pick up something like the metal scraps from hot and cold, it's counted. When I pick up a quest, it's entered into my quest log. When I turn a quest in, it changes and disapears. The only time I see this stutter is when the quest tracker is being accessed or updated with the fact that I"ve collected something.

At last that's what I think.

Any suggestions? It's really driving me nuts.

Also, my specs are:
Athlon x4 955 running at 3.2 ghz
6 gigs of Mushkin Ram, running at 1600hmz
1tb Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive
Asus Radeon 4870 Darknight with 1 gig of DDR5 on board, gpu oc'd to 850, memory oc'd to 1010mhz
Creative Fatality X-Fi soundcard

Thanks for the help.

09-01-10, 06:01 PM   #2
RoninChaos
A Murloc Raider
Nobody has any idea at all?

09-01-10, 06:11 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've never seen that issue while running Carb. Have you tried a clean install of it to see if maybe a file has gotten corrupted somehow?

To test it is, I would close WoW completely, then rename both your Interface and WTF folders to something like Interface_old and WTF_old. Download and install the latest Carbonite. Once you've done that, log back into WoW. Everything will be brand spanking new as if you'd just installed the game. Log into a toon, do a quest. Is it any better?

09-05-10, 12:13 PM   #4
Kathan
An Aku'mai Servant
I've noticed this too, but turning off the auto track eliminates the lag. (It's actually a FPS drop, but that's semantics) I for the life of me can't remember when it starts happening, but it's while questing.

It started happening with 3.34 I believe. I used it for a year before that (I was that slow with an alt, yes) with no issues. Auto track ftw!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite causing stutter/lag after picking up quest items, or turning quests in.