04-23-07, 06:47 AM   #1
slice3
A Cliff Giant

macros for ....

i know, i'm lazzy to do a search for maybe an existing thread but i ask it anyway.
maiybe i'll find a good gentleman who will answer me.

i started to build my interface from seerah's suitcase and adding and removing few add-ons as i feeled. Now i want to use macros in my play but i got a weird message like:

"... macro script blocked, only available for original blizzard UI. ..."

how can i avoid this message and use macros with my UI. where i need to modifie something or what i need to unblock?

thank you in advance and see you again in game
04-23-07, 07:02 AM   #2
Wintry
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mods and macros can no longer perform certain things, such as scripted action choices. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, it may be possible to reform the macros in to something usable.
04-23-07, 08:43 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
These are two invaluable guides to what you can do with macros and how to write them.

Cogwheel's: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...96143900&sid=1

Neuro's: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77588042&sid=1
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-24-07, 01:08 AM   #4
slice3
A Cliff Giant

thank you Seerah but that's not solve my problem. Before i started to build my macros, i'm read few guides, and even neuro's guid for macros. Unfortunately i have problems to running a macro not in building a macro.
for example:

if i use a /cast function, the first command will be executed but the second one and ... not. why i'm able to run just the first command line and the rest not?

secondly: if i try to use a /script command, i even can't use this first command line too. and it's very anoing to see message like you failed.

OK, you will say to not use scripts, but i still need to solve the problem with the second command line in every macro. Anyone any ideea?

regards
04-24-07, 08:48 AM   #5
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

try looking at /castsequence in Neuro's thread.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
04-24-07, 08:50 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by slice3
thank you Seerah but that's not solve my problem. Before i started to build my macros, i'm read few guides, and even neuro's guid for macros. Unfortunately i have problems to running a macro not in building a macro.
for example:

if i use a /cast function, the first command will be executed but the second one and ... not. why i'm able to run just the first command line and the rest not?

secondly: if i try to use a /script command, i even can't use this first command line too. and it's very anoing to see message like you failed.

OK, you will say to not use scripts, but i still need to solve the problem with the second command line in every macro. Anyone any ideea?

regards
Au contraire. If you're having problems running the macro then you're having problems building it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » macros for ....