08-27-08, 05:12 PM   #1
Metzerott
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Smile Should I upload? Or am I stupid?

Hi!

I'm very new to this site, and I was wondering if people would be interested in a UnitFrame addon that I created.

Well, OK.. I did not actually create.. I just hacked another UnitFrame addon called oUF_Caellian. I'm not certain if it is kosher to post your version of other peoples work. I can understand if it is not.

The basic premise was that I wanted circular unit frames whose transparency was based on how damaged the unit is. The idea being I don't care about my targets health/mana when it is near max, and I care more about it as the target gets closer to dead.

I very much liked oUF_Caellian and used that as a starting point and used my limited knowledge of coding to hack it up.

I'm very happy with it, so is this the kind of thing that people would be interested in? Or are you guys more interested in brand new stuff?

Thanks, and I hope this is not too stupid of a question.
08-27-08, 05:41 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Brand new is good, many of the layouts on this site is based on other layouts on this site, getting a bit boring tbh..
08-27-08, 07:45 PM   #3
Metzerott
A Murloc Raider

I'm glad I asked!

So I'm attaching an image to see if you think it is worth uploading. I was playing with the idea that different shapes representing health changes would be more obvious than a rectangle getting smaller. A circle was a good candidate as the target looses health the shape changes. Full health -- circle half health semi-circle, etc.

Combining with this the idea that I don't really care about the units health or mana when they are near full, and therefore they are mostly transparent. In fact the idea behind my current UI is that I only want information relevant to the situation at hand appearing.

Oh and I wanted to have a decorative element so I had to fix SquidMod too..

Anyways, please let me know if it is post worthy. You wont hurt my feelings either way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_082708_212121.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	1871  
08-27-08, 08:52 PM   #4
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

It is most certainly post worthy, it is awesome I for one can never stick with the same UI for like 5 minutes, yours would be one super fun to play with. That is like the coolest thing i have ever seen!
08-27-08, 09:20 PM   #5
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
It is most certainly post worthy, it is awesome I for one can never stick with the same UI for like 5 minutes, yours would be one super fun to play with. That is like the coolest thing i have ever seen!
Id have to agree with this here purty lady

*tips cowgirl hat
08-27-08, 09:30 PM   #6
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

Hey there back purty lady <3

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Should I upload? Or am I stupid?