09-18-07, 03:01 PM   #1
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation No 'AddOn' option at character selection?

Okay, I just started playing WoW yesterday with my boyfriend, and he told me I should install Trinity Bars (Link).
So I followed the instructions to do that, but whenever I go to character selection, I don't see the AddOn option in the lower left corner.
Here are some screenshots, so anyone can tell me if I've done something wrong:
(Click for the fullsize images)

Any help would be lovely!
09-18-07, 03:15 PM   #2
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Heh. I was hoping to see the folder structure starting with the root World of Warcraft folder.

It should look like this:

... \ World of Warcraft \ Interface \ Addons \ < Some Addon Folder >

Correct spelling and case sensitivity are required (at least on computers running Microsoft Windows).

Please double-check that this is the case.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-18-07, 03:20 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Read this FAQ.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-18-07, 03:23 PM   #4
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Geboran
Heh. I was hoping to see the folder structure starting with the root World of Warcraft folder.

It should look like this:

... \ World of Warcraft \ Interface \ Addons \ < Some Addon Folder >

Correct spelling and case sensitivity are required (at least on computers running Microsoft Windows).

Please double-check that this is the case.
Sorry about that, here you are:

I've also double-checked that theres only one WoW folder, and I've also deleted/reinstalled the folders.. Still no AddOn option at character selection.
09-18-07, 03:24 PM   #5
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I did read that FAQ, which is why I'm sure I've installed it properly. My boyfriend helped me as well, and he can't seem to figure it out either.
09-18-07, 03:59 PM   #6
Geboran
Things look good.

Did you guys ever install, uninstall, and then reinstall World of Warcraft on either a different hard drive partition or folder?

I would do the following:

1. Rename your Interface folder to "Interface_Old" or something similar.
2. Run the World of Warcraft Repair utility (a shortcut should be in the Start == > All Programs ==> World of Warcraft folder).

If that doesn't work, you might need to edit the Windows Registry.
09-18-07, 06:06 PM   #7
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Or just try deleting the WTF folder.
Sometimes the mods themselves are the cause of the error, but its WoW that misreads the data. I have had this type error aswell and for me that was all i had to do.

Deleting the wtf folder will reset all mods you have but it will not delete them so they are still installed the next time you start up wow.
If you still however don't see the addons button you might suggest using something else than trinitybars.

Some good options are bartender3 (using it myself, its simple, intuitive and very flexible) or bongos bars (bongos is by far the simpler of the two, but unlike bartender3 its not an ace mod so you will have to look for support a bit here and there unlike bartender which has its own forum at wowace.com)

Both are very memory friendly using only a minimum and are also very flexible with interacting with other mods (such as CyCircled if you wish to decorate your interface a little)
09-18-07, 08:09 PM   #8
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Okay, so I've tried both of your suggestions, and still, neither worked.. I tried installing the Bartender3 mod, no luck.

lol, seems like no matter what game I play, it's always me who gets the really stupid problems XD
09-18-07, 09:58 PM   #9
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by lozersneeze
Okay, so I've tried both of your suggestions, and still, neither worked..
What OS are you using? It's not Vista is it?
09-19-07, 03:24 AM   #10
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
Talking

Ewww Vista....
/gag
Ubuntu is where it's at.!
Linux FTW!

(sorry thats not any help)

***HAVE YOU!!!***
deleted WTF and Interface folders and tried to reinstall addons one at a time?
09-19-07, 03:41 AM   #11
Fugainai
An Aku'mai Servant

Sounds like a dumb idea, but change the 'AddOns' spelling to 'Addons'. It might be the capitalized 'O' thats screwing everything up.
09-19-07, 05:43 AM   #12
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Have you made sure that the addons are up to date and not old versions of them?
09-19-07, 08:46 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@Fugainai: My folder says "AddOns", and they have the Blizzard-created addons in there. The path is correct unless the Blizzard ones were just copied in there. But it looks correct to me.

@Icecoldcoke: There would still be an addons button. But they would say "Incompatible" if they were too old.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-19-07, 12:07 PM   #14
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Whoa, okay.. Lots of replies..

@Erurainon: I'm running Windows XP Home Edition

@Takatalvi: Yes, I tried that yesterday.. Still no luck.

@Fugainai: Just tried it, still no AddOn option at character selection >_<

@Icecoldcoke: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're up to date.

This is silly lol
09-19-07, 12:11 PM   #15
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
I don't know if this'll make any difference, but I first bought the game back in May I believe, and played for the free month.. During that time, I installed a different AddOn, and it worked fine.

I stopped playing for a long time, so I uninstalled it and everything, and I just reinstalled it the other day, since I bought a 2 month subscription to play.

Anyways, the AddOn worked when I first tried in May, but it doesn't work now.. lol
09-19-07, 12:25 PM   #16
Geboran
I would do the following:

2. Run the World of Warcraft Repair utility (a shortcut should be in the Start == > All Programs ==> World of Warcraft folder).
Have you done these steps listed? If you have, you should also delete the WTF folder (and all subfolders).

If this doesn't solve the problem, try the following:

NOTE: Be sure that World of Warcraft is NOT running before doing the following:

2. Delete the WTF folder in the root World of Warcraft directory.
3. Run the World of Warcraft Repair utility (a shortcut should be in the Start == > All Programs ==> World of Warcraft folder).
4. Start World of Warcraft and log in to your character.
5. Exit out of World of Warcraft by logging out first, then exiting.

At this point, you should check to make sure that there is a *NEW* Interface/Addons folder(s) created, as well as a new WTF folder.

(NOTE: you should only see the Blizzard UI folders in the Interface\Addons directory with no other addon folders included.)

Now do the following:

6. Extract any addons that you want to use to a separate temporary folder, making sure that there is a folder for each addon and files within each folder.
7. Select the addons and COPY them to the *NEW* Interface\Addons directory that should have been automatically created. There should be a folder for each addon added.
8. Restart World of Warcraft, log in, and let us know what you find.

The addons button should be there now. If it is not, you will potentially need to mess with the Windows Registry. Ugh.
09-19-07, 01:37 PM   #17
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
Have you done these steps listed? If you have, you should also delete the WTF folder (and all subfolders).

If this doesn't solve the problem, try the following:

NOTE: Be sure that World of Warcraft is NOT running before doing the following:

2. Delete the WTF folder in the root World of Warcraft directory.
3. Run the World of Warcraft Repair utility (a shortcut should be in the Start == > All Programs ==> World of Warcraft folder).
4. Start World of Warcraft and log in to your character.
5. Exit out of World of Warcraft by logging out first, then exiting.

At this point, you should check to make sure that there is a *NEW* Interface/Addons folder(s) created, as well as a new WTF folder.

(NOTE: you should only see the Blizzard UI folders in the Interface\Addons directory with no other addon folders included.)

Now do the following:

6. Extract any addons that you want to use to a separate temporary folder, making sure that there is a folder for each addon and files within each folder.
7. Select the addons and COPY them to the *NEW* Interface\Addons directory that should have been automatically created. There should be a folder for each addon added.
8. Restart World of Warcraft, log in, and let us know what you find.

The addons button should be there now. If it is not, you will potentially need to mess with the Windows Registry. Ugh.
Uuum, k, I followed your instructions, and I'm at the part where I check to see if theres a new Interface/AddOns and WTF folder.. And theres not.
I ran the repair tool and all of that, too..
09-19-07, 01:44 PM   #18
lozersneeze
A Murloc Raider
I found the problem!!!!!!!
Ahaha.. When I uninstalled WoW after not playing it for a few months, it didn't uninstall the folder in my Program Files.. So when I reinstalled it, it made an identical folder in My Documents for whatever reason, and I never noticed it until just now..
I tried putting my mods into THAT interface folder (Also, there were 2 new interface and WTF folders from trying to fix the one that was in Program Files) and it worked!
Yay!
09-19-07, 03:04 PM   #19
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

lol, gratz.

Its always the dumb little mistakes that i do that piss me off >_<

Last edited by Sithraza : 09-19-07 at 03:35 PM.
09-19-07, 04:17 PM   #20
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah
@Icecoldcoke: There would still be an addons button. But they would say "Incompatible" if they were too old.
Normally.. but I've had the buttom not show up because of out of date addons before.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No 'AddOn' option at character selection?