04-01-08, 06:40 PM   #1
iqisunknown
A Defias Bandit
Gnome spell graphic size

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I was hoping someone here could tell me.

I am looking for a mod that enlarges the spell graphics to the size the actually encompass... AkA flamestrike, Frost Nova, Arcane Explosion without affecting the size of Mana Shield/Frost Shield.

If this is not possible I was wondering If it would be possible to write a mod that just simply draws a circle on the ground very similar to blizzard or Rain of fire icon that would follow my character around so that I would know how large frost nova is, without having to guess.

I am asking because very often I can cast frostnova and the graphic does not even come close to the target but it hits them I would like to take the guessing out of casting this spell.

Any information would be very helpful either way.
Thx.
04-01-08, 06:45 PM   #2
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I play a mage and if you are new to playing that class it will take abit getting used to but over time it becomes easy to judge when and what time to cast FN to catch your MOB in the AOE.

what i did when i first started a mage was went into the lvl 10 zone and messed with the AOE range.

there is no mod to this that i know as most just learn the range of the skill.

04-01-08, 06:48 PM   #3
iqisunknown
A Defias Bandit
I have no trouble with mobs I was thinking of something like this more for pvp.
And My old solution to this problem was model changing but blizzard seems to be against that very strongly so I was wondering if there was a legitimate way to get what I wanted.
04-01-08, 06:57 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is no legitimate way. Model changes are against the ToS/EULA and mods cannot interact with the 3d world to draw a circle.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-01-08, 07:00 PM   #5
iqisunknown
A Defias Bandit
Thats kinda lame, I didn't like the huge bubbles on gnomes when blizzard messed with it... but our spell graphic size was finally the correct size. QQ thx for the help I had to try.
04-02-08, 03:17 AM   #6
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The thing is that anyway, even if there was a legit way to do it, it wouldn't help you at all against moving targets.
When you cast frost nova on a target moving toward you, it will reach it even if you see your target out of nova range on your screen, because:
- you don't know it yet because the server doesn't communicate with your PC instantly, but your target is further than what appears on your screen (even further if he's sprinting or if you have a high latency)
- the time taken for your "frost nova" request to reach the server is not 0 either, so after you've pressed nova, your target will still be moving toward you

On the other hand, if the target is moving away from you, it will be the opposite: you'll have to keep in mind that the range of your nova is greatly reduced, if you refer to what you can see on your screen.

That's why I agree with other posters: it should become natural as you play. I'm not a mage, and when I see mage movies, sometimes, I'm impressed at how they frost nova rogues sprinting from what looks like miles. It takes time to realize that they are far closer than what it seems (even if I know the theoretical aspect of it).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gnome spell graphic size