09-25-12, 01:29 PM   #1
Mwelling1
A Murloc Raider
Missing Quest Button

Hello, is anyone else having issues completing the various Panderian vehicle quests? I cannot see the button necessary to click on these quests and have to turn off nui in order to see and click the button. Is there another way to interact with the button that I have not figured out yet? And is this something being looked into?

Cheers!
Berly

09-25-12, 02:05 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Which quests in particular ? I've just got home from work so haven't had the opportunity to try out the new quests yet.

Hopefully its the new extra action bar that so far has only been in instances which makes implementing it hard. If not then it should be one of the bars already set up to work and as far as I have seen so far still working in 5.07.26. Can you confirm you are using that version ?

A screen shot with nUI and without nUI will also help. And if you're confident enough type /fstack and hover the mouse over the non nUI frame you are seeing and then take a screen shot and it should give us a hint as to which frame it is supposed to be displaying.

09-25-12, 02:42 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah I see what you mean. 3rd quest in or so for Alliance at least.

Okay, figured out the problem. Must be the way their new bar system works. Bartender has the same problem. However if you keep in the vehicle you will find that periodically through the quest it will come and go depending on whether you have an action to do at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092512_214106.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	7209  

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-25-12 at 03:22 PM.

09-25-12, 04:59 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I *think* you just have to modify the RegisterStateEngine( nUI_ActionBar, "visiblity", ... ) command to add "[extrabar] 13;" to the list between the 12 and 14 bars Xrystal.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-25-12, 05:29 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
nah, tried that before and it caused wipes for everyone in raids when they couldn't use both the main bar and the extra bar at the same time. I think you have to design it as a special bar of its own that spawns when its needed. unfortunately being a instance only bar it makes for testing difficulty.

But yeah once I could see that the bar is changed to the vehicle bar using the override system that was introduced in the expansion, the screen shot, and the individual bar appears as required each time it is needed as the screenshot attached shows when it first tells you to start attacking.

The PH box area just above the action bar to the right I believe is my current attempt at an extraactionbar setup but as you can see it seems to appear unexpectedly. Such as when you change stances or jump in a vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092512_221613.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	7210  

09-25-12, 08:20 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I would think that they don't need the possess bar and the main bar at the same time... perhaps override the possess bar with the extra bar?

Meh... that would be complicated, too.

Do they use both the pet bar and the extrabar at the same time? It strikes me that the vehicle/pet are interchangable... you never need both. So maybe create a bar where the pet bar is for the extrabar and hide the pet bar when the extrabar is active?

Last edited by spiel2001 : 09-25-12 at 08:23 PM.

09-26-12, 02:37 AM   #7
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Ah I see what you mean. 3rd quest in or so for Alliance at least.

Okay, figured out the problem. Must be the way their new bar system works. Bartender has the same problem. However if you keep in the vehicle you will find that periodically through the quest it will come and go depending on whether you have an action to do at the time.
The first q you get a vehicle (the one you're referring to) seemed bugged for many players, the action bars didn't pop up untill you get "control" so to say, after you've been flown till the start point of the q. It never disappeared for me after that (Well, till after the q was done :-p)

A quest you get later in the "fish people village", one that's tells a story of 4 npc's in a similar fashion as the q "the day deathwing came" (or something) worked without any problems. The vehicle in that case is the person telling the story and you reenact him/her.

There's another quest that occurs a lot later, after you done some killing in a mine you need to hop in a cart and get driven by a pandaren and you need to hold of attackes, but with that one I never did get an action bar..

Last edited by Seer : 09-26-12 at 02:42 AM.

09-26-12, 02:40 AM   #8
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Do they use both the pet bar and the extrabar at the same time? It strikes me that the vehicle/pet are interchangable... you never need both. So maybe create a bar where the pet bar is for the extrabar and hide the pet bar when the extrabar is active?
Ussually you lose your pet when you enter a vehicle, and IIRC as a result the pet bar. Don't remember ever using the pet at all in a vehicle. In most cases the vehicle "becomes" the pet, so you can see its health.

09-26-12, 11:55 AM   #9
Mwelling1
A Murloc Raider
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with more information. The quest I'm stuck on right now due to this issue is "Clear the Way". Where you must slay 10 virmen and avoid the elite named Ook-Ook. If you get to close to him he throws a cage on you that you can only get out of by hitting the button that appears. The nui dashboard covers up the button for me in this case.

I also ran into an earlier quest named "A Lesson in Bravery". During this quest you get picked up by a Great White Plainshawk to fight it in the air. It this grabs you in its talons and there was supposed to be a button that popped up for you to click to get out of the talons. I died the first time due to no button. Second time I just ended up killing the bird despite the fact I was grasped in its talons. So I moved on.

The other quests where your action bar becomes some sort of vehicle bar or the button appears after a delay seem to be working fine. Sorry for the misdirection on that, I should have been more clear.

Hopefully this helps sort out the issue.

Cheers!
Berly

09-26-12, 04:14 PM   #10
garrocha
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Mwelling1 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with more information. The quest I'm stuck on right now due to this issue is "Clear the Way". Where you must slay 10 virmen and avoid the elite named Ook-Ook. If you get to close to him he throws a cage on you that you can only get out of by hitting the button that appears. The nui dashboard covers up the button for me in this case.

I also ran into an earlier quest named "A Lesson in Bravery". During this quest you get picked up by a Great White Plainshawk to fight it in the air. It this grabs you in its talons and there was supposed to be a button that popped up for you to click to get out of the talons. I died the first time due to no button. Second time I just ended up killing the bird despite the fact I was grasped in its talons. So I moved on.

The other quests where your action bar becomes some sort of vehicle bar or the button appears after a delay seem to be working fine. Sorry for the misdirection on that, I should have been more clear.

Hopefully this helps sort out the issue.

Cheers!
Berly

I sorry, my english is very poor. If I am not wrong to the button to which it refers Mwelling1 it is the fact that I indicate in her screenshot of interface of wow, In another screenshot with nUI the button is not, I have used nUI Transparant Black Dashboard to verify that the button does not exist and order the screenshot to show it.

Please if there is some solution that we could do comment on it in the forum and let's be able arrange it. If not, comment on it, to be able to wait patiently while a solution comes

thk u

Name:	button.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	7216

Name:	no button.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	7217

Last edited by garrocha : 09-26-12 at 04:24 PM.

09-26-12, 04:55 PM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

For that single button missing... you can create a macro '/click ExtraActionButton1' and put that macro on your action bar. It will work in place of the missing button.

09-26-12, 06:00 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
They're using the extra action button in a quest ? That would be cool, would make it a might bit easier to test attempts at getting it to display within nUI.

09-26-12, 06:26 PM   #13
Mwelling1
A Murloc Raider
I do have that action keybound and attempted to use that on both quests I mentioned and that did not work. :-( I am past that now but will try it again on the next toon I level.

Cheers!
Berly

09-26-12, 07:07 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I am getting closer to figuring out that button rofl .. here's my latest screenshot showing it being display. Quite clearly when it isn't. Rofl.

Until I hit that quest that needs it I won't know for sure if it is almost there or not haha
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092712_015352.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	7218  

09-27-12, 01:30 PM   #15
Mwelling1
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for your hard work on the issue! I found another quest named "Unmasking the Yaungol" that I picked up from Shado-Master Chong in the Shado-Pan Fallback building located in Kun-Lai Summit. The button is needed to steal the mask from the npc in order to complete the quest successfully.

Cheers!
Berly

09-27-12, 07:52 PM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Xrystal -- talking with my contact over in Blizz land... I'm told there may be a "[extrabutton]" macro condition that can be used to show/hide that extra action button in the event you wan't to play with that.

I'm going to work with it on nUI6 and see what I can muster up.

09-28-12, 12:40 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah there is .. I was using that in the buttonbar.lua file along with [overridebar]. The override bar is working exactly as intended but the extra bar is exactly that but I think there is a vehicleui tag that you have to use as well as that quest triggers a vehiclebar change just as it makes the button appear so it might be that my attempt at introducing it as a new bar may be working but until I test the [vehicleui][extrabar] combo macro conditional on the next quest that uses it I won't know for sure.

09-28-12, 07:24 AM   #18
Driztdourden
A Kobold Labourer
This extra button popping up thing, seems to be something Blizz have taken to heart, and use more and more. Allso outside instances.
As it is now, in the quests that require it, I will log out and disable nUI log in do the Q, log out and enable nUI again. Kinda a hassle so a fix will be appreciated.
The button looks just like the one Deathwing raid, and as in your example Xrystal, and I get that is is hard to fix :-) but I am addicted to nUI so I will wait patiently.

09-28-12, 09:23 AM   #19
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Driztdourden View Post
This extra button popping up thing, seems to be something Blizz have taken to heart, and use more and more. Allso outside instances.
As it is now, in the quests that require it, I will log out and disable nUI log in do the Q, log out and enable nUI again. Kinda a hassle so a fix will be appreciated.
The button looks just like the one Deathwing raid, and as in your example Xrystal, and I get that is is hard to fix :-) but I am addicted to nUI so I will wait patiently.
You don't have to log out for that. Use Addon Control Panel.

09-28-12, 04:18 PM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
For testing purposes Scott:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29623/perfection - Uses Override Bar .. see screenshot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092812_230748.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	7224  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092812_230139.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	7225  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Missing Quest Button