12-18-10, 12:16 PM   #1
alfa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i dont want original minimap docked.

I was using it like that till i upgraded the latest beta. I dont want to see the original minimap docked. Specially in open areas. And i cant find the option.

Second is there an option not to see the city maps ? i want to see it as in other areas ?

Thx

Last edited by alfa : 12-18-10 at 01:13 PM.

12-18-10, 03:02 PM   #2
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Docking options are in several places:

Some options are found by right-click menu on the map itself.
(edit: Make sure the map is unlocked to get the menu)
Other options are within the full carbonite options menu.

Make sure that all "dock when" or "always docked" are not selected.

Good Luck

12-18-10, 03:25 PM   #3
alfa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
it is just like that... and i still see the minimap

12-18-10, 08:23 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonite's options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and check the options on the "Map Minimap" page.

Just a "heads-up": To get the right click menu from the minimized map, it does not have to be unlocked. Just make sure you click on a non-icon area of the map, but not the map frame. If you want to do something with the map frame, then it has to be unlocked (although, most, if not all, of those options are available in the right click menu you get by r-clicking the little lock [if the map is locked, but an "x" if it is not] symbol in the upper right corner).

02-04-11, 01:10 PM   #5
Alphapix
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Open Carbonite's options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and check the options on the "Map Minimap" page.

Just a "heads-up": To get the right click menu from the minimized map, it does not have to be unlocked. Just make sure you click on a non-icon area of the map, but not the map frame. If you want to do something with the map frame, then it has to be unlocked (although, most, if not all, of those options are available in the right click menu you get by r-clicking the little lock [if the map is locked, but an "x" if it is not] symbol in the upper right corner).
Way not to read anything in the thread and answer completely at random. He's asking how to NOT have the minimap docked. You're telling him how to have it docked. And he already mentioned the options in "Map minimap" don't solve the problem. That's because they, in fact, don't.

Tl;dr: Q: Where's the "Never dock minimap" option. A: There is none.

Last edited by Alphapix : 02-04-11 at 01:12 PM.

02-04-11, 01:23 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Alphapix View Post
Way not to read anything in the thread and answer completely at random. He's asking how to NOT have the minimap docked. You're telling him how to have it docked. And he already mentioned the options in "Map minimap" don't solve the problem. That's because they, in fact, don't.

Tl;dr: Q: Where's the "Never dock minimap" option. A: There is none.
Way not to read anything in the quote and answer completely at random. He's asking the original poster to ACCESS the options menu and fiddle with the settings there. And the OP already mentioned he could not find the options Jeffy pointed to. So the question was, in fact, answered.

TL;DR: Q: I can't find the options. A: What Jeffy said.

PS: Don't necro a two month old thread just to complain about an answer to a question you didn't ask.

02-04-11, 05:07 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<Bows to Jigain> Thank you.

It has taken me a bit of time to realize it, but, any one who posts about this "problem" is, essentially, correct. Because of (as far as I can tell) the differences in the way Carbonites map and Blizzards minimap "zoom", the minimap "docks" in Carbonites minimized map whenever you are following a "GoTo" or a quest that is far enough away to cause Carbonites map to zoom out far enough that Blizzards minimap both automatically becomes visible and docks in the minimized map. This phenomena has only been happening, at least for me, since the Cataclysm expansion went live. I always just figured that Carb's developers would figure out how to get the original functionality back, but it's looking (to me) like it's either not going to happen or there are enough problems that this is far down the list of things to fix. Either way, I don't (personally) feel this is a reason to abandon Carbonite for another (any other) questing addon that is, by far (in my opinion), inferior.

Oh, by-the-way, while I've seen the "TL;DR" thing, just what the heck does it mean?

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-04-11 at 05:34 PM.

02-04-11, 09:49 PM   #8
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Oh, by-the-way, while I've seen the "TL;DR" thing, just what the heck does it mean?
Too Long
Didn't Read

02-05-11, 12:54 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah. Now it makes sense. Thank you.

02-05-11, 02:03 AM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Urban Dictionary is our friend.

No worries, I always type stuff like that in my Google search bar.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » i dont want original minimap docked.