Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-13-13, 02:48 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, maybe it's just me, but...

Rythal, maybe it's just me, but...

I'm finding that it is absolutely impossible to play this game in Pandaria.

The maps, waypoint arrows, the quest logs are all out of whack. It's more confusing than it is easy.

I cannot ever figure out where I'm supposed to be questing, or for what or whom. The quest log jumps around, my "player's arrow icon" is NEVER where I'm supposed to be (it appears on every new tiny map section as though I'm there! ... and, not on a unified map!), and the quest log has to have the UI refreshed every time I accept a new quest, etc. It isn't at all like the original, fluid, intuitive Carbonite mapping system.

The mapping system is not correct, at least in my experience. Wherever I move my cursor to some point on the large map, the map shows that I am there.... even though I'm not there! It is stretching lines all over the place which make no sense whatsoever. I'm lost continuously. It's linking mulitple Flight Masters for me to travel 1,000 miles when I'm only trying to go 50 yards! (Note: that could be Zygor's Travel Guide causing that issue... not sure?).

I have spent hours trying to do what should have minutes worth of time. It's extremely frustrating and no longer intuitive to game play.

Is there some way that you can give us an interim update to the Pandaria section of the game? I understand that you want it to be perfect, but as it is now, it's totally unusable, except by hours of trial and error. Even a section of your new code might be helpful, if you have any new code for Pandaria.

Also, can you provide up-to-date info on what you have completed, so we can at least expect "that" portion of the code to work. We can then focus on those zones to complete quests, etc. until you finish the rest of it the way you want to. You've done a great job so far, but unless I play only chars below level 80 or so, Carbonite isn't sufficient; it fails nearly completely from my experience. Maybe it's just me, but I never had these issues with the original Carbonite.

And, I see no blue "daily quest" exclamation points at all in Pandaria. And, unless I type "/re" in the chat box, Carbonite does not update the quest list. It happens continuously, in almost every new quest accepted. And, there are no hints at all, as the Zygor Leveling Guides offer. I'm not sure you want to add that sort of helpful information, or not, but it would be a boon to the addon!

I'm asking only because I haven't seen you post anything in quite awhile about your progress. Even an interim version would be better than how it is now, until you get it "perfect" (the way you want it to be before releasing it as Carbonite2).

What is your current status, please? And, will you give us an ETA on when you might release some/any fixes prior to the final Carbonite2 release?

NOTE: My only addons are "Zygor Leveling Guides" 1-to-85 and the "Auctioneer" addon (latest version).
And, of course, your latest version of the CarboniteBETA-530a1r2

I'm not "demanding" anything... I'm only asking for your current status and what we might expect soon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Rythal, maybe it's just me, but...