12-09-05, 03:52 AM   #1
AndreasBlixt
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quick question regarding item links

I was wondering exactly what the 4 integer values in an item link stand for. I know that the first one is simply the ID for the specific item, so that every "Bloodfang Hood", for example, will have the same first value. The other 3 I'm not sure about, however. I'm guessing that one of them represents the current enchant on the item (Second or third, I'm guessing third). The last one is probably instance-specific for when items (when I say "items" I'm counting a stack of "Runecloth", for example, as a single item according to the internal data structure of WoW) of the same type may be in a collection (Auction house, inventory, etc).

Could someone give me some insight to the different values so that I know for certain? As you might have seen, I'm making a guild bank addon ( http://andreasb.serveftp.com/WoW/bank/bank.php5 - You can try the addon out for yourself if you want to, just read the instructions at the top of the page ), and I'm stacking items of the same type together. However, I don't want to stack together items that have different enchants, durability, or some other difference, and I don't want it to seperate stacks of items because they have different instance IDs.

Last edited by AndreasBlixt : 12-09-05 at 03:55 AM.
12-09-05, 05:15 AM   #2
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1558

I've posted some link's to another board there where I was discussing about item links, too

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Quick question regarding item links