01-17-06, 08:14 PM   #1
erulai
A Kobold Labourer
Need input on an AddOn idea...

I posted this earlier on the WoW offical boards.. but didnt get much reception to it there. I basically just wanna know what people think about the idea....

A friend an I were talking one night about guilds and how guilds are supposed to be about helping members. Well one thing led to another, and finally we came across an idea for what I think would be a really nice mod.

So the name of the mod hasn't been thought of yet, but the basis goes like this. An interface is installed on all guild members PC's. The interface then records the players actions in groups, especially groups with other guildmembers in it. It then reports information such as EXP gained while in the group, what members helped that player gain the EXP, how long they helped them, etc...

This information is sent to either the guildmaster or a server.. something to that effect and is parsed into a easy to read table which sorts guild members based upon the guildmasters wants/needs. This could be used to award guild members for helping other members.

This could easily be expanded into PVP by tracking Honor points gained, etc...

I could really see this mod taking off, but I wanna know what everyone else thinks. Is it even a viable thing to do? Im not huge on coding, so can LUA even handle this type of thing? On top of that what do you think, would this be something your guild would want to use? Would you want to even be a part of this?

Thanks in advance for reading, and sorry if its a bad idea, just a thought.
01-17-06, 08:37 PM   #2
wind82
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I believe that is a great Idea.. It would make the high lvl guild members more inclined to help low lvl members. Especially if you gained a specific amount of dkp depending on how much xp you helped your lowlvl guildies get. or how much time you spend helping them.. That would really help the less outspoken people in a guild that dont like to intrude but could use the help

Anyway hope that it is possible to code..

good luck

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need input on an AddOn idea...