04-30-11, 02:43 PM   #1
pikadude1006
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add macro conditionals?

Would it be possible to add macro conditionals through an addon to make something like this?

/cast [activetree:1] mutilate; backstab
04-30-11, 02:54 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by pikadude1006 View Post
Would it be possible to add macro conditionals through an addon to make something like this?

/cast [activetree:1] mutilate; backstab
Don't think you can alter the macro system. Best you can do is use the "spec" modifier. spec:1 for primary spec, and spec:2 for secondary.

/cast [spec:2] mutilate; backstab
04-30-11, 03:15 PM   #3
pikadude1006
A Defias Bandit
I would do that, but combat is always my primary spec. It's my secondary spec that's constantly switching between assassination and subtlety.
05-01-11, 07:16 PM   #4
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi pikadude,

The best you could do would be to find (or write) an addon that saved profiles for macros, key bindings, and/or action button assignments based on your primary talent tree. I think I remember seeing something like that a while back on this site, but I don’t remember what it was called.

Or, there are lots of addons that let you save macro/keybinding/actionbutton profiles arbitrarily. It would be a little more work, but you could use one of those, and then manually switch to the right profile when you changed your spec.
05-02-11, 06:50 PM   #5
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Macaroon did this.

-Crissa
06-02-11, 08:23 AM   #6
Barjack
A Black Drake
The "thing" that parses macro conditionals (or at least the exposed version) is called SecureCmdOptionParse(). As far as I know there's no way to change the operation of any of the conditionals it uses, and replacing it would lead to very widespread taint issues. So, as others have said, I think you'll instead need to either automatically replace the macro when you change specs, or else do something have the macro surrender functionality to a button whose behavior can be more easily changed by you (e.g. a button invoked via /click, though with the obvious drawbacks of such a thing if you need cooldown models and such). Replacing macro text on the fly is quite doable though, though I've never tested it in a heavy-duty way with many macros being set at once.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Add macro conditionals?