05-17-09, 07:20 PM   #1
SkunkWerks
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assistance with oUF...

...and more specifically a layout called oUF_Darnation.

I've been trying to use this layout for a bit, and I've found that it doesn't really behave as it should. At least not for me. Some time ago I'd written this off as an old oUF layout that has likely broken and as no one seems to be maintaining it presently, isn't likely to be fixed any time soon.

And no, I'm no real hand at writing or editing lua code. I can do it if pressed, but I don't really have the faintest clue what I'm doing.

More recently I've discovered other people are using it and it works. So I've started looking into it a bit. If you look at the screenies on the page for it you can see how it should look and function. Here's how it looks for me.

The problem primarily seems to be that the center graphic is at full transparency rather than the low transparency it should be at, but other symptoms include the low health animations not functioning as well as other small elements not being visible.

I have a lot of addons, as you can see in the screenshot, and my first thought of course was a conflict of some sort with another addon. I didn't want to have to futz with my setting on my main characters on Earthen Ring, so I went to an alt on another server and only enabled oUF and Darnation to see if the problem would be duplicated.

It wasn't. The addon functioned as normal, all textures and animations fired off normally. So I slowly started re-enabling addons in a series of "blocks" over many logins to see if I could figure out what was causing the conflict by process of elimination.

And nothing I re-enabled seemed to duplicate the problem either.

So, I guessed the issue might be a Cache/Settings issue. Since it only seems to affect characters on the Earthen Ring Server, I assume it must be some setting file that's resident at the Server level. As I couldn't find any SavedVariables at that level I tried emptying a character's settings folder and logging in to see if the problem would still be there.

The problem was still evident when I logged back in- even though all SavedVariable Files for that character had been dumped.

So... after all this exposition, could someone more versed in this than I perhaps give me a different direction to go in here. I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SkunkWerks : 05-17-09 at 07:24 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Assistance with oUF...