04-29-11, 06:20 PM   #1
Dwill
A Kobold Labourer
Addons are supposedly out of date?

i have the most recent downloaded addons and they wont work cause they are claimed out of date when i look in the addon menu at the log in screen. I have unistalled then reinstalled and nothing happened. i got help from people that work for world of warcraft technical support and still nothing changed. Can anyone help me cause i have a potential really really cool ui set up but nothing is working right.

Last edited by Dwill : 04-29-11 at 06:23 PM.
04-29-11, 07:30 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry to say, most addons won't be ready for a new version the instant a patch is released. Some changes made to the API require days, weeks, or even months at the most extreme to fix. You can still try to load these by telling the game to "Load out-of-date", which is an option at the addon screen.
04-30-11, 01:15 AM   #3
Alternator
A Fallenroot Satyr

By default WoW wont load out of date addons, there is a tick box on the addon screen to enable out of date addons to be loaded however.

When WoW reports an addon as out of date, all it is doing is checking a number found in the .toc file of the addon; the addon itself may still work fine.

As the poster above pointed out, the developers of the addon may not be in position to have a new version of the addon ready on release day of a major content update. (quite often the update may be as simple as updating that number found in the .toc file)
04-30-11, 04:04 AM   #4
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
As already said this is just a version check.
4.0 had 40000 as Interface-Version and now 4.1 comes with 40100.

Just as an example why versions are still old: I had no time to update AND test my addons for 4.1 so I just updated to the most current alpha of Ace Libs and fixed obvious bugs. To show that my addons are not testet I have not used 40100 even for updates done for 4.1.

This way users will know that when they have problems they should check the "out of date" addons first.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addons are supposedly out of date?