06-21-09, 12:02 AM   #1
Exius
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Exius's PhotekUI Remake 1280x1024

Hey Guys,

This is my first attempt at a UI Compilation, based off the popular PhotekUI. Many users asked for a 1280x1024 edition, so I decided to do my best.

Download Link:
Download

Screenshot: Screenshot Link

Addons Used:

!BugGrabber
!Swatter
Aperture
AutoBar
Bartender4
ButtonFacade
ButtonFacade - Caith
BugSack
Elkano's BuffBars
FuBar
FuBar - DurabilityFu
FuBar - FriendsFu
FuBar - GuildFu
FuBar - MoneyFu
Grid
IceHUD
kgPanels
MikScrollingBattleText
Prat 3.0
Quartz
SexyMap
TipTac
TipTacTalents
YurrCombatLog

Any feedback/comments/concerns/bug errors/ or death threats are welcome.

Last edited by Exius : 06-21-09 at 10:53 AM.
06-23-09, 01:24 AM   #2
Exius
A Murloc Raider

Wow, no comments?
06-23-09, 02:31 AM   #3
nostress
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're asking for it, so here it is:

To start off, SexyMap has got to go. In an interface where the dominant theme is SQUARE, you had the brilliant idea to just slap SexyMap with its swirly rune design and a ROUND shape. Also, the bottom bar with its round border doesn't really fit in. It may, if you're into designing half-finished UI's, but since you asked for criticism, you've got it.

Furthermore, I noticed you're using both unitframes and a HUD. Nothing wrong there, except the negligible loss of space. However, you're using two target of target frames. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd?

To add to the general mismatching, you use different textures for the buff bars and unitframes. Design-wise, you should go for a constant, smooth look, try setting them up properly in your next update. Also, disable showing tracking buffs, they're not really necessary.

From what I gather, it's your first shot at doing a UI. It's not half bad, but not half good either. Try adjusting some of the features and improving the look and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some positive comments and even downloads.
06-23-09, 10:53 AM   #4
Exius
A Murloc Raider

Well, as mean as you put it, it is necessary. This was my approach to a UI, and quite honestly - its the one I use currently. I like it, but others such as yourself may not. If I intend to make a UI for actual downloads/release than I will keep all this in mind.

Thanks for your constructive criticism! Its much appreciated.
06-23-09, 09:27 PM   #5
rysoke
A Defias Bandit
I love the UI, first one I've ever downloaded, I'm confused though, I'm playing a warrior and there is an icon of the Battle Stance in the middle of the screen, pretty large, and it doesn't do anything when I press it, it's not the icon for the stance bar, because I already moved that out of the way.. I don't know how to remove it!
06-23-09, 11:08 PM   #6
Exius
A Murloc Raider

Ha, I just made a Death Knight to level with a friend - and noticed the presence icon. I am pretty sure you are looking at the Bartender4 Stance Bar. I want you to try this:

Type /bt4 and look at the left hand side.

Closer to the bottom side of the waterfall menu is the Stance Bar - click it and change the scale to something you would like.

After unlock the bars and move it to a desirable spot. I moved it next to the Micro Menu.

Glad you like the UI!
06-24-09, 12:26 AM   #7
rysoke
A Defias Bandit
Thank you so much, now I can fully enjoy this UI!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Exius's PhotekUI Remake 1280x1024