07-16-07, 04:57 PM   #1
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Rogue mod

Just looking for a mod or some ideas for rogue weapon swapping. I'm sure you all know what I mean, for abilities like Ambush, Backstab, etc..and swapping the apporpriate weapons. I was surprised to not find any mods tailored specifically for this, and macros, assuming I'm doing them right, don't quite do the job correctly because they swap the wepaons then you have to hit the button again, but then it swaps the weapon again. I have to assume that there is some sort of one click solution for this type of event, I just cannot find it. I am aware of things like Item Rack and Closet Gnome, but wasn't sure events like that could be set up with them, again, a one-click event. If anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it, tyvm!
07-16-07, 04:59 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you can do this with a macro, and have it work. Look on WoWWiki for more about it.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-16-07, 05:01 PM   #3
Harladar
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hmm, thers is an addon our there called Stancesets, its quite handy, easy to set up, I have it set up wo when I'm in stealth my dagger is in my main hand, and after I ambush,backstab or whatever, weapons automatically switch to dagger in offhand and sword in mainhand for higher DPS and DMG, StancesetsV3 is the most current I think.
07-16-07, 08:29 PM   #4
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
WoW Wiki Macro

Why is this not working -

/equipslot [stealth,noequippedaggers] 17 Name of Dagger
/cast [stealth,equippedaggers] Ambush
07-16-07, 11:19 PM   #5
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i used to play as a rogue and i had a macro for swapping weapons, but as long as i remember in your macro build don't need to specify the stealth condition, it will work anyway you are in or out of stealth.
and much more you can add pickpocketing to your macro. is few characters in plus in the macro but not affect your action and you will loot few silvers more. (depending of the level you play)
07-17-07, 12:31 AM   #6
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
May I ask what that macros was? I tried to write a normal macro for it, like pickup inventory item then use container item and then cast Ambush, but it would swap the weapon and not cast it, then I would have to click again for it to cast the ability, and that was just too much hassle for me.
07-17-07, 01:17 AM   #7
slice3
A Cliff Giant

right now i'm at work, but this evening i'll give a PM to you with my macro
07-17-07, 11:10 AM   #8
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Tyvm, I'd appreciate it.
07-17-07, 11:31 AM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dooble
May I ask what that macros was? I tried to write a normal macro for it, like pickup inventory item then use container item and then cast Ambush, but it would swap the weapon and not cast it, then I would have to click again for it to cast the ability, and that was just too much hassle for me.
That is how macros work though. Each "action" that a macro does, requires a click. One click to change weapons, one click to attack.

07-17-07, 12:50 PM   #10
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
That is how macros work though. Each "action" that a macro does, requires a click. One click to change weapons, one click to attack.
I know that, I am just saying that, that is too much hassle to be worth it, but there is a way to write them without it being like that. Just like the one from WoW Wiki, but I cannot get it working for some reason.
07-17-07, 01:46 PM   #11
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Prior to 2.x there were some macros that could be "chained" like that. That is no longer the case. Almost all of the macros on WowWiki require multiple clicks. The only time you can still chain actions is if they are instant, and do NOT trigger the GlobalCoolDown (GCD).

07-17-07, 04:21 PM   #12
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Either way, I am looking for something that doesn't require more than one click, as it hardly seems worth it. I am using the Stance Sets, and I like it, the only minor problem with it, is that you don't have to be stealthed to use Ambush, so a macro, in that case, would be better. Can't imagine there not being a way to do it, pretty stupid on Blizz's part, imo, to make it like that, forcing you into one way or another, and basically limiting your options.
07-18-07, 01:39 AM   #13
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Well... aside from some very minor inconveniences, I applaud Blizz for restricting macros. If they didn't... it wouldn't be worth playing anymore. I can imagine my 11 second (or so) rotation on my hunter being streamlined into a single macro. Or a Bash, NS, HT, Lifebloom, Bear, Charge, Growl, Mangle macro for my druid.

Sorry if I don't see the issue... most classes have at least one ability that gets "mashed", especially so with rogues imho.

07-18-07, 08:06 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Blizzard put the restrictions on macros to prevent botting. No offense, and I'm sure that this is not the case, but if you can't stand to play your rogue without a "one button does it all" macro, then perhaps it's time to start an alt...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-18-07, 08:16 AM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah
Blizzard put the restrictions on macros to prevent botting. No offense, and I'm sure that this is not the case, but if you can't stand to play your rogue without a "one button does it all" macro, then perhaps it's time to start an alt...
or L2P. I hated the "heal bots" (not the addon) that heal evry one with on press of a button. pre 2.0 ftl.

07-18-07, 10:37 AM   #16
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Lol, you guys are way off base with this. Way off. I know why Blizz implemented what they did, and couldn't be happier why they did it. But with rogues and needing certain weapons to cast certain abilities, there should be something in place, period. Regardloess these are all just opinions and I don't need them, I need suggestions for what I am looking for, nothing else.
07-18-07, 11:06 AM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dooble
I need suggestions for what I am looking for, nothing else.
It's the same with warriors and Reflective Shield. They need to switch in a shield to use that ability and then switch back. They use the same kind of macro that you were given to use, but you don't want to use it because it's too many clicks for you. You were given suggestions, you just don't want it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-18-07, 11:40 AM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
Ohh snap, seerah just crit your face for 1,000,000 damage.

clicking a macro 4 or 5 times isn't to many clicks dude.
Hush you. That's not needed.

07-18-07, 11:53 AM   #19
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I never said that..well,.now I never said that. Ishouldn't of in the first place though..sorry.

07-18-07, 10:48 PM   #20
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
Ohh snap, seerah just crit your face for 1,000,000 damage.

clicking a macro 4 or 5 times isn't to many clicks dude.
LMAO. Case closed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Rogue mod