08-02-07, 04:21 AM   #1
slice3
A Cliff Giant

clock

Hi, i tried few clock add's but i'm looking for a BIGGER one. All clock's i tried is related to the Fu-bar or the minimap. I'm looking for a BIG movebla clock, what can i nome whenever i want on my screen, i need this clock, because when i'm playing i forgot the times and sometimes i need to go to work or anything else ....

so, anyone know any BIG and movebla clock around, usable in wow? if it has a reminder is even better .

thanks for everyone
08-02-07, 04:39 AM   #2
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Maybe something like this?

Edit: I know you made it quite clear you were looking for a BIG one...but I couldn't find any that put BIG and MOVEABLE in the same addon...
08-02-07, 04:56 AM   #3
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i don't want a minimap related, FuBar related clock or any bar related one, also this one is minimap related.
I want a clock what can i move right in front of me if i feel it necessary and big enough to see it without any concentration. sometimes i play in the early morning right before i go to work, so, i'm a little sleepy at that time and i don't wanna make big eyes to see this minimap related clock. I repeat and repeat myself, i searching for a BIG and if is possible a movable clock.

thank you
08-02-07, 05:01 AM   #4
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Well, like I said, and unless someone else can prove me wrong and find one, I can't find one that's moveable AND is big.

And I didn't see anywhere on the one I provided that said it had to be on the minimap. It said that it was moveable, the picture just shows it near the minimap. Doesn't mean it has to be on it. 'course, I don't have it installed to know for absolute sure, either.
08-02-07, 05:03 AM   #5
robthedude
Don't Panic

OT Clock is nice and simple, with a couple of extras like a calculator

but I think Alarm Clock Wrangler is what you're looking for, a clock, and alarms and timers etc. you can adjust the scale and stick it anywhere

edit - I haven't tried either of these, just searched the addons on this site for 'clock'... it was that simple...

08-02-07, 05:07 AM   #6
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I originally disregarded those because the first one was "small", and the second one looked like it only replaced the time of day indicator on the minimap...and he apparently doesn't want that.
08-02-07, 05:36 AM   #7
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Lywellyn
and the second one looked like it only replaced the time of day indicator on the minimap...and he apparently doesn't want that.
well, you were wrong, now shoo!

08-02-07, 06:19 AM   #8
slice3
A Cliff Giant

shoo or not, i don't want to be rude with anyone, thanks for you try and i promise to take a look for these recomandation, i find it also all of these on this site and much more, but from the description as i read, i looking for something else. I want something simple, don't need any extra feature, need to be scalable and dragable.

i'll give a try for these and if i find my need unaccomplished i'll return and let you know.

thanks atm anyway
08-02-07, 08:19 AM   #9
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...69-UClock.html

Enjoy!
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-02-07, 09:03 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by slice3
shoo or not, i don't want to be rude with anyone, thanks for you try and i promise to take a look for these recomandation, i find it also all of these on this site and much more, but from the description as i read, i looking for something else. I want something simple, don't need any extra feature, need to be scalable and dragable.

i'll give a try for these and if i find my need unaccomplished i'll return and let you know.

thanks atm anyway
The second one robthedude linked for you is exactly what you asked for. Movable, scalable and has reminders.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-02-07, 09:08 AM   #11
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i don't know the reason why, but Alarm Clock Wrangler say to me incompatible, also OT_Clock dosn't match for me but i'm trying CustomClock right now. the only thing i don't like, it's limited to the maximum 48 font size. you can't raise more the clock font.
dosn't have reminder , alarm .... but looks like a begining

Last edited by slice3 : 08-02-07 at 09:28 AM.
08-02-07, 09:16 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Lol - that's cause it hasn't been updated in over 2 years. I didn't even notice. Silly Rob.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-02-07, 04:58 PM   #13
robthedude
Don't Panic

yes, you're right, silly me... however, it does still work, just gotta change the toc to 200000

08-02-07, 05:06 PM   #14
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by robthedude
yes, you're right, silly me... however, it does still work, just gotta change the toc to 200000
It's 201000

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-02-07, 06:29 PM   #15
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
It's 201000
*facepalm* *headdeskheaddeskheaddesk*

damnit! all of you stop trying to undermine me!!!!

200000 will work, so there. don't be so fussy! :P

08-03-07, 01:46 AM   #16
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i'm not so deep, so, where i need to change and what?
08-03-07, 02:34 AM   #17
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

In the directory that you created in your World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons directory, there should be a file with a .toc extension. Open it up in Wordpad, and change the ## Interface: line to have a number of 20100.

That's right folks: TOC numbers are five digit, not six.
08-03-07, 04:10 AM   #18
slice3
A Cliff Giant

in the clock "add" folder is many lua file and 1 toc, in the first line is something like this:

## Interface: 1300

so, that line need to be changed in

## Interface: 200000 ?????

or you talking about a different toc file
08-03-07, 04:22 AM   #19
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

That's exactly it. Change it to read:

## Interface: 20100

That's it
08-05-07, 11:51 PM   #20
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i didn't come back to mention it's working, but i can't raise the font size, also the clockbox itself can be raise in a limited range (a very small range).

anyone if is interested about a scalable clock, i recommend Custom_Clock, simple but visible.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » clock