07-22-08, 01:27 PM   #1
machineanimal
A Defias Bandit
twobox

im trying to use twobox and have it installed but how do i get second character to follow me. Can the character be mine. Or does it have to be someone elses.
07-22-08, 02:23 PM   #2
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by machineanimal View Post
im trying to use twobox and have it installed but how do i get second character to follow me. Can the character be mine. Or does it have to be someone elses.
Do you mean twobox toolkit?

If so, iirc, you have to have it installed and running on both accounts (if you have two wow filepaths, it has to be installed on both), and set one character up as the "master."

All you should theoretically have to do to get it to follow you is to select it and type /followme
07-23-08, 11:44 AM   #3
machineanimal
A Defias Bandit
twobox toolkit

so u have top pay for 2 subscriptions to wow in order for the program to work or can i have 2 guys under 1 account.
07-23-08, 11:50 AM   #4
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You need two accounts.
07-23-08, 11:56 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To clarify, you cannot have two characters from the same account logged in at the same time.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-23-08, 12:34 PM   #6
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
To clarify, you cannot have two characters from the same account logged in at the same time.
Exactly. Therefore, if you would like to have two characters of your own logged in at once, you need two accounts. This mod is made for people who have multiple accounts, you wouldn't have a need of using it if you only had one account.

If you want things like the autoaccept for quests, etc, you can find those in different mods.

ETA: iirc, there's a mod called followme that you and a friend could use, but he/she would have to have the mod installed for you to use the /followme emote on them to get the to follow you, and you would have to have the mod installed for them to get you to follow by using the emote on you.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 07-23-08 at 12:37 PM.
07-28-08, 12:27 AM   #7
slice3
A Cliff Giant

in conclusion, this second character will also fight with the "master" or just simply follow him. I can see the benefit gained by a low lvl character guided by a high lvl one, but a little help never hurts. so, it can be configured to do some basic actions? (heal, fight ..... anything)?
07-28-08, 10:52 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, addons cannot cast spells or make a character attack anything. Those are secure functions and cannot happen without a hardware event.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-28-08, 12:26 PM   #9
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
im sure i saw 10 boxing ...
ten computers/accounts/toons all controlled by one keyboard...
the keyboard sent "secure events" thru each computer/account...
nine mages and a preist if i remember right.
all attacking as one.
no idea how its done.
07-28-08, 12:56 PM   #10
Duugu
Premium Member

Alternative 1: Start x wow clients on a single computer. Install a tool like keyclone that sends every keystroke to all wow clients.

Alternative 2: Set up x computers with identical wireless keyboards. Use only one keyboard which sends every keystroke to all computers.
07-28-08, 01:32 PM   #11
slice3
A Cliff Giant

yes i found it http://www.solidice.com/keyclone/ but the macro commands loose me, i'm not that good to setup this one properly. thanks anyway
07-28-08, 01:46 PM   #12
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Keyclone can be used with more than one computer, too.
08-13-08, 03:53 AM   #13
slice3
A Cliff Giant

as it is always said; curiosity killed the cat.
with some fear in me i just tried this twoboxtoolkit and the keyclone, but as far as i see it, with keyclone you don't need the twoboxtoolkit, please help me find out what is the twobox adds in this bussiness
with a macro, the second char will follow, focus, assist, and with the keyclone will assist you during teh fight, so, twobox what it adds in this story?

apologize for my stupid .... question, if i made one.

regards

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » twobox