06-14-08, 04:35 AM   #1
dwarfintank
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Talking prot pally looking for UI

I'm looking for a UI bundle that is usable as i lvl (im in the mid teens right now) it needs to have cellular & fubar in it an preferibly pry configured for a screen rez of 1280x800 if any one can help me plz do the resen it needs to be preconfig'ed is im realy bad at configin addons and making every thing fit it also needs to be made for tanking as im not going to heal or do dps
06-14-08, 11:38 AM   #2
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
The truth is that most UI's you find on here will require some tinkering to get perfect so the best step to do now is to head to the Add-Ons section, open up the UI threads (I'm a big Minimalist fan) and see what one looks like a good starting point and ask for help on this and that as you fix it up.

I personally (70 prot warrior) just installed http://www.wowinterface.com/download...928-SadUI.html and personalized it by replacing some addons I didn't like and reinstalling some things that were "missing."

That's my current UI. The buffs/debuffs are in the bottom right, Unit frames right above the raid frame (using Grid), action bars (using Bongos3), the chat frame (Phanx), and the map (Minimap Button Frame and Squeenix). For whispers I use WIM and that fits nicely in the lower right corner. That interface comes with FuBar but it's just set to Auto-Hide so to see if you have to mouse over the bar's location! All the small data texts at the bottom and above/below the map are SLDataText modules which replaced some of my FuBar ones (Money, Durability, Guild, Friends, Time, Performance, Location, and Mail).

Hope this helped!

Last edited by blackpandemic : 06-14-08 at 11:40 AM.
06-14-08, 03:35 PM   #3
dwarfintank
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

what i've come up with

after 3-6 hours of playing i've come up with this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wowUI.jpg
Views:	1916
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	1757  
06-14-08, 10:23 PM   #4
Farook
A Molten Giant

Just to give you an idea what a setup as protection pally may look like, here's a quiet recent screenshot of my (raiding) UI:

Click the image to show full-size screenshot.
08-22-08, 03:06 PM   #5
Duracel
A Defias Bandit
I'm also a Prot Pally and I went with Sad Ui, it seems to be working out for me. Very clean, and easy to organize compaired to the other addons out there.
08-22-08, 06:17 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dwarfintank View Post
after 3-6 hours of playing i've come up with this
The big question here is are you happy with it? In the end thats what matters most.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » prot pally looking for UI