08-21-09, 02:58 PM   #1
ramsfan1952
A Defias Bandit
Download Problems

What is the location to drag the carbonite folders into. I have used carbonite for a couple of years and cant get it to work the path I used to use does not show any more Please help I miss my carbonite!!!

08-21-09, 04:27 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ramsfan1952 View Post
What is the location to drag the carbonite folders into. I have used carbonite for a couple of years and cant get it to work the path I used to use does not show any more Please help I miss my carbonite!!!
It would help to know what OS you use, especially whether you use a Mac, Linux or Windows. Since I know Windows, I'm going to assume you have that. You didn't post a Windows version either, so I'm going to give a generic answer based primarily off of Win XP experience.

1) Right Click on your WoW Icon on the desktop, choose properties. Write down the Path to your WoW install.

2) Your choice, use My Computer or Windows Explorer to navigate to the path you just wrote down in step 1.

3) Paste all three Carbonite folders to your WoW directory (that was written down in step one) into Interface\Addons

4) You should now have Carbonite installed correctly into the proper (Based off assumptions on my part) directory and should see it upon login into the game.

08-24-09, 11:27 AM   #3
ramsfan1952
A Defias Bandit
Download Problems

My OS is Windows Vista I just need to know where to go to ge that path.

thanks

08-24-09, 11:31 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
1) Right Click on your WoW Icon on the desktop, choose properties. Write down the Path to your WoW install.
It is in the shortcut properties as he said.

08-31-09, 07:52 AM   #5
ramsfan1952
A Defias Bandit
There are 2 properties listed and neither one works. I used to install this addon to my addon folder till blizz changed that path this is really dumb what is that path that is all I need.

08-31-09, 08:20 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Vista installation:

When you click a file link a dialog box should ask to "Open" or "Save". If you click "Open", then it will download the file and then show the contents. Near the top of the window that shows the file contents is a "Extract all files" button. Left click that and then click "Browse..." in the new window that opens. If you don't know the addon folder location, then look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed. Use the "Select a destination" window that opened to left click on "Computer" then (C or whatever drive it is installed on. Continue to click until you are at the game's "Interface\AddOns" folder.

The Vista default path is
"C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Now left click "OK" at the bottom of the window and you should see "(the game path)\Interface\AddOns" in the "Files will be extracted to this folder:" line. Now click the "Extract" button at the bottom of the window. If it asks to overwrite files, which it will the next time you install another version of Carbonite and you did not delete the existing folder, then click "Yes".

You would then have 3 folders:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer
That ought to help you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Download Problems