08-11-09, 09:04 PM   #1
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Automatic "Wach All Quests" isn't working..

Since 3.2 Carbonite hasn't been watching many of the quests I've been taking. I've had to click the menu button and select "Watch All Quests." When options, under Quest Watch... The 3 autos; Auto Watch New Quests, Auto Watch Changed Quests, and Auto remove watched quests when complete are all checked.

Further, mouseover tips for completed (and turned in) quests are still showing on mobs.

However the whole not watching all quests is an issue.

08-12-09, 12:05 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cindy1002 View Post
The 3 autos; Auto Watch New Quests, Auto Watch Changed Quests, and Auto remove watched quests when complete are all checked.
Try unchecking Auto remove watched quests when complete, and see if it turns any better. You want the quests in your watch list, you don't want to remove them from it. :P

Further, mouseover tips for completed (and turned in) quests are still showing on mobs.
Never heard about this... I know it shows the tooltip until the quest is turned in, but to show it after is something new. Are you sure it's the same quest it lists, and not another one mentioning the same mob?

08-12-09, 09:13 PM   #3
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Try unchecking Auto remove watched quests when complete, and see if it turns any better. You want the quests in your watch list, you don't want to remove them from it. :P
But that means it'll still be watching the quest when it's complete... right? Anyway, I did as you suggested and unchecked it. Did a /reload even accepted some new quests and it's still not watching them.

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Never heard about this... I know it shows the tooltip until the quest is turned in, but to show it after is something new. Are you sure it's the same quest it lists, and not another one mentioning the same mob?
Yeah I'm sure.

Last edited by Cindy1002 : 08-12-09 at 10:28 PM.

08-12-09, 11:21 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

But that means it'll still be watching the quest when it's complete... right?
No, it means it removes watches for quests that are "complete", in essence quests you've got everything for but haven't turned in. Like:

You have 20/20 bunny ears
You've killed 10/10 Fluffy Elementals
You've visited Stormwind

Those kind of things. I think even redirection quests are counted as auto-completed when you take them, meaning quests that basically tell you to go to another NPC and turn the quest in.

A shame to hear it didn't work... you have updated Carbonite to 3.21, right? If you open the Options window, does it read Carbonite 3.21 at the top?

08-27-09, 03:42 PM   #5
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Well now I'm using 3.22 and not only do quests not appear on the mini map but they're not appearing on the quest list without telling it to Watch All.

Keep in mind I'm talking about an 80 here.

08-30-09, 03:03 PM   #6
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Anyone? I'll use the Sons of Hodir dailies as an example.

08-30-09, 11:31 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quests do not appear on the Carbonite map unless they are watched. If they are watched, then the green button on the Watch List header bar must be on to show on map.

A few people have reported the auto watch problem, but I have never seen it happen. Until I can reproduce it, I cannot fix it.

Have you tested it with all other addons disabled?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Automatic "Wach All Quests" isn't working..