09-11-06, 07:54 PM   #1
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
oRA versus oRA2

I found oRa2 here Ace programs , so I put in oRA2 in my mods and removed oRA......now none of my oRA mods work (dependancy missing). Does anyone know more about this than I ??
09-11-06, 08:23 PM   #2
zophiel
A Murloc Raider

oRa2 has all the needed Modules embeded at this time, get rid of all the old oRa modules and do a /ora to see what modules are embeded into oRa2
09-11-06, 11:16 PM   #3
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
So, would it be better to stick with oRa for now , or switch?
09-11-06, 11:28 PM   #4
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by devlark
also oRA2 Blows due to the fact

a.) not moduler
b.) it doesnt work with latest verson of Ct_Ra
c.) its still in uber super alpha mode
If you read the development thread, you will note it is not modular now for testing reasons:
Before there will be an outcry of complaints:
Yes, this is ONE package for the time being.
No, that will not remain so, but for extensive testing it is easier to manage this single distribution. The whole system is set up modular like oRA1 and can be torn apart and spread in a few different packages. I intend to supply a full package with Leader, Optional, Participant modules. And a light package which is CTRA compliant, but has no Optional and Leader modules, the light package will be all a raid participant needs if they are not interested in visuals and just want to please their raidleader.
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.p...ic,2099.0.html

The latest builds off the SVN are working great btw, imo; make the switch
09-12-06, 04:22 AM   #5
Curney
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by devlark
also oRA2 Blows due to the fact

a.) not moduler
b.) it doesnt work with latest verson of Ct_Ra
c.) its still in uber super alpha mode
Just to clarify a couple of points..
a. It will be split up (made modular) after testing is over.
b. It works perfectly with latest version of ct_raidassist. I have no idea where you got your info but I have been using oRA2 for two solid weeks without any compatibility issues at all.
c. It is closer to being finished than you lead on.

Vita Infinita
09-12-06, 07:23 AM   #6
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
thank you all...Il leave oRa2 in, seems to be o.k. I am on a server to have retrofits today so I can't go in to see what all oRa2 has...but tomorrow I can..
09-12-06, 07:25 AM   #7
Ammo
Premium Member
As the author of oRA2 I can tell you it's fully modular. And more complete than oRA.

Any rumours about it can be checked with me for truth.

For the time being you only need the oRA2 package and you can remove all your old oRA addons. As explained no the wowace forums it's one package for the time being, but it's setup is the same as the old oRA. A core with lots of modules.

Link to the ace forum thread:
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.p...ic,2099.0.html
-Ammo
09-12-06, 04:25 PM   #8
Talyn
A Murloc Raider
Is it missing the raidsay module? I can see other's raidsay's but I can't /rs myself nor am I seeing an option for doing raidsay vs. raidwarning like the oRA one does.
09-13-06, 02:01 AM   #9
Ammo
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Talyn
Is it missing the raidsay module? I can see other's raidsay's but I can't /rs myself nor am I seeing an option for doing raidsay vs. raidwarning like the oRA one does.
/rs has been removed, I kept the showing of RS messages in the raidwarning frame to be compatible with CTRA.

If you feel the raidwarning frame is inadequate, try out ImprovedRWF from http://svn.wowace.com/files/ it has the options to add names to the RW frame and also increase the size of the frame and make the font smaller.

-Ammo
09-13-06, 03:06 AM   #10
dafire
Premium Member
the only thing I miss is the style that was added for me to ora_maintankframes .)
09-13-06, 09:48 AM   #11
Talyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ammo
/rs has been removed, I kept the showing of RS messages in the raidwarning frame to be compatible with CTRA.

If you feel the raidwarning frame is inadequate, try out ImprovedRWF
CTRA still uses RaidSay though. And oRA2 is displaying RaidSay's from others, but I can't do /rs myself since it's removed. RaidWarning frame won't cut it, the raid group I'm in has voted to use /rs only. If you're going to display RaidSay, may as well let us send them too, otherwise oRA2 is not 100% CTRA-compatible. I was in favor of /rw but was out-voted, and I'd imagine many many other players prefer /rs too.

Oh, and I'll second the vote on more styles for the maintankframes.

Last edited by Talyn : 09-13-06 at 12:32 PM.
09-13-06, 12:46 PM   #12
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

ora work fine for me but just to see I tried going to that link but it's been down the past two days.
09-13-06, 01:09 PM   #13
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Personally, I like the fact that it's in one package. If you want to be compatible with a raid that uses CTRA, you have to use the vast majority of them anyway. For me that would be one less thing to manage, though I know it's not going to stay this way.

That said, I decided to not yet adopt oRA2. It looks great, but, like another poster stated above, I've become quite used to reliant of the other main tank frame styles included in the oRA1 maintankframes module that is not included in oRA2. I think it was called 'dire'. The one in oRA2 was very wide for me and then could further go up to 3x that size based once people/mobs were targetting things While the inclusion of a true ToT in the main tank frames is great, there was no way I could fit the frame style included in oRA2 in my UI's layout.

Nonetheless, I'm sure this will be easily remedied with more MT window styles soon. All in all, it looks like it's coming along very nicely. I can't wait to use it. Keep up the good work, Ammo

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 09-13-06 at 01:18 PM.
10-01-06, 12:21 PM   #14
Reed22
A Kobold Labourer
Can't seem to get the link to download oRA2. Can someone help me out?
10-01-06, 01:25 PM   #15
Talyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Reed22
Can't seem to get the link to download oRA2. Can someone help me out?
http://www.wowace.com/files/index.php?path=oRA2/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » oRA versus oRA2