07-21-08, 05:31 AM   #1
Drugahr
A Defias Bandit
Improved Weapon Enchant Info

Hello there, Im Drugahr and here's my problem:

Im working on an Addon wich reminds me when its time to switch my weapons (between spellsurge enchanted weapon and addheal enchantet weapon) and althought its my very first selfmade Addon it seems to work ok but enough now my problem^^ : to make it a bit more smart i want to rewrite a few things and what i need is

Information about the Weaponenchant

not the temporary enchant, like oil windfury or something like that i mean the "permanent" enchant like spellsurge..

is there any way to get it?

thanks 4 answers

(and please no spelling or grammar flames, im german^^ )
07-21-08, 07:18 AM   #2
Drugahr
A Defias Bandit
ok, i learned a bit more about that problem, and if anybody is interested here is what i found out:

the information about the enchant (the enchantID) is part of the "itemstring" wich is part of the "itemlink" (watch out at wowwiki) an all i have to do is seperate the itemstring from the itemlink, and then seperate the enchantid from the itemstring.

ive found a function like that:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.find(itemLink, "^|c%x+|H(.+)|h%[.+%]"));

this should be the itemstring of the itemlink but it doesnt work yet, does anybody know why?
07-21-08, 09:00 AM   #3
Drugahr
A Defias Bandit
ok i got it myself

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Improved Weapon Enchant Info