12-24-06, 11:18 PM   #1
rob1101
A Cyclonian

Do programs like Mobinfo2 and PriceMaster count torward your 4MB interface limit?

not the actual program but the database does this count toward your 4MB interface limit?
12-25-06, 12:41 AM   #2
Logdan
A Black Drake
Yes. But you can change that limit to whatever you want from the Addons button in your character select screen. Setting it to "0" lets the game engine decide how much is needed.
12-25-06, 05:10 AM   #3
Salaskan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, they do. I recommend you to set it to a random number, like 20, and as soon as you get the message that you do not have enough script memory, make it higher. Or just set it to 0 indeed, this way you don't have to worry about it but you can't see how much memory you are using. MobInfo is a relatively heavy addon indeed, but not all the data is "loaded" at a given moment. For example, it does not use the data for Ragnaros when you are killing a mob in Azshara, so it does not take up too much memory. Get it?
12-25-06, 06:23 PM   #4
rob1101
A Cyclonian

yea i get it i had mobinfo2 and some price mod running and a whole bunch of other mods running and then i fianlly got the crash. im just gonna drop the pice mod and keep the others hopfully that will keep it under the limit.
12-25-06, 11:49 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Technically there is no limit so you don't need to stop using your addons.

In the addons screen (at the char select screen) there is a place where you can change how much memory is used for addons (upper right corner of window).

Set that to 0 and it will never be a problem .. unless you actually run out of system memory. How much system memory do you have??
12-25-06, 11:55 PM   #6
rob1101
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Sepioth
Technically there is no limit so you don't need to stop using your addons.

In the addons screen (at the char select screen) there is a place where you can change how much memory is used for addons (upper right corner of window).

Set that to 0 and it will never be a problem .. unless you actually run out of system memory. How much system memory do you have??
lol no its not my system memory. i have 1gb of ram and 80gigs of hdd space. i want to drop the money mod anyway because it was kind of glitchy/interfeared with my other mods. i know what your talking about when you say set the memory to 0, but i dont see how it is possible for it to funtion? if it has no memory to work with how does it preform its task? oh well im no programer so as long as it works thats good enough for me.
12-26-06, 12:06 AM   #7
Logdan
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by rob1101
i know what your talking about when you say set the memory to 0, but i dont see how it is possible for it to funtion? if it has no memory to work with how does it preform its task?
0 means "unlimited".
12-26-06, 12:08 AM   #8
rob1101
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Logdan
0 means "unlimited".
well that explans a heck of alot. thank you logdan

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Do programs like Mobinfo2 and PriceMaster count torward your 4MB interface limit?