08-28-08, 08:53 AM   #1
Elwinne
A Murloc Raider
Event Pet Bars

I play a druid so I don't interact with a pet bar often. I am concerned because we are heading into BT for the Gorefiend fight tonight. So far I have found that the pet bar doesn't appear in Kara for the Chess Event but it does work for the "Discovering Your Roots" daily quest.

So, does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Will my pet bar come up in Gorefiend?

BTW...not getting a bug error when I am in the Chess Event
08-28-08, 08:55 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chess (and I think gorefiend aswell) does not use the pet bar, it uses the possess bar, which more or less overlaps your normal bar.

May I ask, what actionbar addon do you use?
08-28-08, 08:57 AM   #3
Elwinne
A Murloc Raider
I am at work so I am not sure of the name of the action bar in use. But it is whatever came as part of Mazzle.
08-28-08, 09:08 AM   #4
Ahielia
An Aku'mai Servant
I got a problem at those fights as well, but my pet bar (I'm a hunter) has always come up - but it's my pet's skills that's there, not the chess piece/ghost skills.
But I can use the chess piece/ghost skills - I just don't see them.
08-28-08, 09:17 AM   #5
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Chess (and I think gorefiend aswell) does not use the pet bar, it uses the possess bar, which more or less overlaps your normal bar.

May I ask, what actionbar addon do you use?
MazzleUI uses bongos 1 if i remember right
08-28-08, 09:59 AM   #6
Elwinne
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ahielia View Post
I got a problem at those fights as well, but my pet bar (I'm a hunter) has always come up - but it's my pet's skills that's there, not the chess piece/ghost skills.
But I can use the chess piece/ghost skills - I just don't see them.
OK....if you can't see them...how do you use them?
08-28-08, 10:10 AM   #7
Charvel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Before I swapped out Bongos for Bongos2 I would have this problem on my hunter. I believe for both Kara and Gorefiend there are only 4 abilities available and you should be able to use CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3, and CTRL+4 to use the abilities whether you can see the bar or not. I do not know which command does what.

If you would like to switch to using Bongos2 which will alleviate this problem you can go to this thread and follow the intructions as best you can:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...hlight=bongos2

Follow the steps to manually change the .lua files according to gcbartlett's instructions.

You will not be able to re-mazzify your button layout using Bongos2 but at level 70 you won't be doing that much anyways unless you respec a lot.

If you want to keep the layout you currently have make sure to do a screenshot before you make the switch so you have a reference of where you buttons are.

Last edited by Charvel : 08-28-08 at 10:13 AM.
08-28-08, 10:30 AM   #8
Elwinne
A Murloc Raider
Tks Charvel...I'll give that a go.
08-28-08, 11:35 AM   #9
Ahielia
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Elwinne View Post
OK....if you can't see them...how do you use them?
As Charvel said, ctrl+1 through ctrl+5 does all the commands, even if you can't see them.
09-02-08, 11:02 AM   #10
Elwinne
A Murloc Raider
FYI-I was still using the 1.15...updated to the 1.18 and all is good.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Event Pet Bars