08-21-16, 03:44 PM   #1
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
Can't get tooltip to show when hovering over buffs/debuffs on grid/vuhdo

Like the title states, I cant see the tooltip for debuffs and buffs on grid and vuhdo. It works with default raid frames, but I dont like the lack of options with the default frames, so I want to use grid or vuhdo. But i am under the impression that it is impossible to see tooltips for buffs and debuffs on raid frames, unless you are using default frames. Maybe there is a fix with strata or something. Any help is really appreciated! Trying to get this figured out before Legion hits!

Thank you.
08-21-16, 08:02 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not impossible, it's just intentionally not a feature, at least in Grid. If you need to refer to the tooltips of buffs and debuffs during an encounter, you're doing it wrong.

For debuffs you can dispel, you should be relying on the "dispellable debuff" highlight. When you see the highlight, it doesn't matter what the debuff is; just dispel it.

For non-dispellable boss debuffs, you should have some idea how the encounter works before going into it, so even if you don't recognize the icon, you can remember that "oh, this boss puts a bomb debuff on players" and safely assume that's what the icon means. (And after the encounter, if you saw debuffs you didn't recognize, you should go do 2 minutes of research so you know what you're doing next time.)

For HoTs, shields, and other player-cast buffs, if you don't recognize the icon it's almost certainly not relevant to your class and you shouldn't even be seeing it in the first place.
08-22-16, 06:47 AM   #3
Romarioo
A Kobold Labourer
I see what you are saying, but there are some exceptions in my opinion. During beta I had to disable grid and use the default frames instead, simply because all of the debuffs are new and certain ones you don't want to dispel. You want to know what each debuff exactly do, not just boss encounters but trash mobs aswell. Trash mobs become super important for mythic+. With new raid tiers coming out soon, an option like this would be wonderful. After three weeks I switched back to Grid because I got the hang of most important debuffs thanks to the default frames...I think you're underestimating how important this feature can be in a new environment. As a healer, you got the luxury to target your debuff target and see what the debuff is all about (even when using mouseovers) but as a tank/dps you can't really afford doing that.

I have found GridTooltip but it's probably out of date. I can't get it to work atleast.

Last edited by Romarioo : 08-22-16 at 07:00 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can't get tooltip to show when hovering over buffs/debuffs on grid/vuhdo