07-16-10, 12:10 PM   #1
Bleekked
A Defias Bandit
Text in lua frame

First, I would like to apoligize for being such a noob, but there is something I am missing for an addon I am working on.

Whenever I try to display text for my frame, the frame will either brake because of a lua error, or nothing happens. When I have looked on wowwiki.com, the examples I found were just not working for me for some reason. On wowprogramming.com, I have found that the widget listings were not real friendly to someone new to scripting addons for wow. Could you guys just give me an example of some simple code with a frame with just text in it? In the code, could you please comment in it, so I know how everything works?

Thanks in advance.
07-16-10, 01:47 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How about you post your code (here or on pastey.net) and tell us what errors you are getting? That way we can tailor our help to your exact problem and usage.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-10, 01:36 PM   #3
Bleekked
A Defias Bandit
Sorry about that, but I have got it to work right there.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Text in lua frame