12-16-10, 11:35 AM   #1
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CC tracking

So I'm sure others have noticed how much cc is being used in heroics right now. I've always used pvp mods for tracking cc, well because it was basically only used in pvp for my main.

This is not the case any longer tho, HOORAY! Makes it a bit more fun. But I can have 2 different cc's up at any given time. I'm looking for a mod that can track it pretty easily. Right now I'm just using tidy plates and mousing over the frames every few seconds to see how long the cc has left. There has got to be a better option.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Something thats working now, and that does not need to be fixed? I've run into a couple addons that are just not working.

My mains a hunter if that helps, so I'm tracking freezing trap (sometimes on 2 targets) and wyvern sting, as well as scatter shot on occasion.

Any help would be much appreciated
12-17-10, 12:17 AM   #2
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Hmmm I would try NeedToKnow, it's EXTREMELY customisable. Right click on the bars and BAM! magic, you can type in the name of the CC you want to track, check the box that says track on target ( otherwise it will track the CC on you ) . Im not too good with this so I'm not sure if it can track CC's on multiple targets, but unless my memory fails me, I think NeedToKnow allows you to run multiple instances of itself, making it possible to track more than one targetm but I might be wrong
12-17-10, 12:39 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Poreo View Post
Hmmm I would try NeedToKnow, it's EXTREMELY customisable. Right click on the bars and BAM! magic, you can type in the name of the CC you want to track, check the box that says track on target ( otherwise it will track the CC on you ) . Im not too good with this so I'm not sure if it can track CC's on multiple targets, but unless my memory fails me, I think NeedToKnow allows you to run multiple instances of itself, making it possible to track more than one targetm but I might be wrong
You set it to track the cc on the target. And then when you select the target of course if the cc is there the bar will popup.

I ust need to know for everything from proc tracking to cc and even when healing my hot tracking.
12-17-10, 01:14 AM   #4
Unkn
Premium Member

Yeah sounds like it would be useful. Only problem is I don't target the cc targets till we are ready to break em out, hunter auto shot ftl even with the "stop auto attack" checked, its can be dumb. I'll figure something out. For now the mousing over tidyplates is working, even if its a bit clunky.

Ty for the input
12-17-10, 04:11 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

ForteXorcist has countdown bars on spells you've cast on mobs, like for instance:

--- Really Really Annoying Healer Mob ---
Polymorph (51s)

Makes it a lot easier to keep track on how long until it wears off, and you can also (as I've recently discovered works even for non-warlocks or NWs as I will now call them) check a box that lets you announce to party/raid when it's about to break and if it was broken early.

12-17-10, 05:43 AM   #6
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I second the Forte mention.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
12-17-10, 06:53 AM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I'm really liking ControlFreak(tekkub) for this.
12-19-10, 03:44 PM   #8
danltiger
A Murloc Raider

Just curious, do you typically mark your cc target with a raid icon?

When you've got several nameplates on screen with the same unit name, it can be difficult to determine which unit you're concerned with; Nameplates are recycled as they are hidden and re-shown, but may not be associated with the same unit. If a nameplate goes out of view for a moment, it's quite possible that it won't be the same frame that was previously used when it comes back into view.

If Tidy Plates was to get some sort of built-in CC tracker, it'd make things much easier if the targets had a raid icon (which can be read from the nameplate frame).

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
So I'm sure others have noticed how much cc is being used in heroics right now. I've always used pvp mods for tracking cc, well because it was basically only used in pvp for my main.

This is not the case any longer tho, HOORAY! Makes it a bit more fun. But I can have 2 different cc's up at any given time. I'm looking for a mod that can track it pretty easily. Right now I'm just using tidy plates and mousing over the frames every few seconds to see how long the cc has left. There has got to be a better option.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Something thats working now, and that does not need to be fixed? I've run into a couple addons that are just not working.

My mains a hunter if that helps, so I'm tracking freezing trap (sometimes on 2 targets) and wyvern sting, as well as scatter shot on occasion.

Any help would be much appreciated
12-20-10, 01:31 PM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by danltiger View Post
If Tidy Plates was to get some sort of built-in CC tracker, it'd make things much easier if the targets had a raid icon (which can be read from the nameplate frame).
The option "Short Debuffs" shows all debuffs you've cast on the target in question, right above the nameplate. These include, but are not limited to, Sap, Polymorph, Hex, Bind Elemental, Fear, Chain Undead, and Banish.

12-20-10, 04:54 PM   #10
Unkn
Premium Member

I am currently using the short debuffs on tidyplates to track it. Only problem is if I move out of range of the name plates and they disappear. So I'm typically positioning myself b/t the main group being killed and those being cc'd atm and constantly mousing over the nameplates to watch the time left on the cc. Its akward(spelling?) to say the least.

Originally Posted by mrruben5
I'm really liking ControlFreak(tekkub) for this.
I'll give this one a try and see how I like it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » CC tracking