02-24-13, 06:31 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
NPC Overlay again

Finally got around to post this error. Installed Version: 5.2.1 Alpha 2 after I removed the prior beta version, even wiped the SV's. As seen by BugGrabber, enUS client. This happens when I log in any toon.

12x _NPCScan.Overlay-5.0.0.3\Modules\Carbonite-5.2.1.lua:13: attempt to index global "NxData" (a nil value)
_NPCScan.Overlay-5.0.0.3\Modules\Carbonite-5.2.1.lua:13: in main chunk

Locals:

In addition to NPCScan and NPCScan Overlay I also use _NPCScan.Overlay.Broker on http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/npc-ov-ldb . Not sure if it has anything to do with it but tossing it in for sake of completeness.

I also wiped the old NPC files along with their SV's and reinstalled the files fresh.

Last edited by Xylan Trueheart : 02-24-13 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Additional comment

02-24-13, 08:58 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
if you look in the Extra folder inside carbonite there is a new carbonite.lua for npcscan overlay, you need to copy it into npcscan's module directory.

02-25-13, 02:52 PM   #3
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you Rythal for the quick reply. That did the trick and NPCScan and Carbonite work nice together again.

02-25-13, 03:04 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
the new one actually works better then the old one, since it detects when your in a microdungeon and hides the overlay if you are.

02-25-13, 07:10 PM   #5
Wrebel
A Defias Bandit
One more point about the overlay, the new version you included with Carbonite has one more little thing that no longer works. Not sure if it's due to some of your changes or not, but i thought i would mention it. The Alpha slider no longer seems to function. It is always at 100% on the map, no matter what the slider says. If you adjust it in the _NPCScan settings it will fix it momentarily, then revert to 100%.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » NPC Overlay again