08-24-06, 12:54 PM   #1
Obstinate
A Kobold Labourer
Dissapearing Chat Box

I have a second chat box (wispers, /5 and /6). After I relog, zone, open my map, sometimes the second chat box is gone. Anybody know how this is happening?

Addons being used: FuBar, CT, Perl, SCT, onebag, ace, stunwatch and energywatch... I don't think i'm running anything that has to do with chat boxes except for the CT timestamp.
08-24-06, 02:39 PM   #2
Hjalte
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm having the same problem.

I'm not sure, that the problem lies with an addon though.. But I don't know
08-24-06, 02:55 PM   #3
Lute
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First of all should try a simple test like creating a new character or even in the same character and dont enable any addons just for try the second chat box if it happens or no, then if it is gone in that case should redirect your problem to wow forums.

If after that test everything works ok then try addons 1 by 1 so you can track wich conflict with chatbox, shouldnt be that hard trying since the addons you mentioned arent many.

Sometimes is good try backup saved variables or account folder and try a fresh interface before post to wow forums, cause it could be a client issue than a bug in the program/server.

Hope this could help to you to track the problem.
12-11-06, 01:42 PM   #4
matrosh
A Defias Bandit
problem is simple just set simple chat in interface ok ---> then unchekc simple chat and oyu wil have all your frames
12-11-06, 04:03 PM   #5
Brassicus
A Murloc Raider
Uncheck "automatically join guild recruitment channel" in your interface options. It's not intuitive, but that solves it. Drove me nuts all weekend until I found it!
12-11-06, 04:16 PM   #6
robthedude
Don't Panic

I had this problem for a long time, I read somewhere that it was a bug with the default UI... haven't had it happen since the 2.0 patch
12-11-06, 04:37 PM   #7
xs4eyesx
A Fallenroot Satyr
It still happens. It's not your addons that's causing it.

9. Disappearing Chat(combat) Windows

It is a known issue that if you create a second pane for the combat log or other chat channels then it may disappear during play. There are a few known work arounds to correct this:

Go into your Interface Options, click on the Advanced tab, and disable Auto Join Guild Recruitment Channel.

or-

Alternatively you can just type this line in the chat: /script ChatFrame2:Show(); however creating a macro with the line will allow you to just click the single macro. Type or create additional macros with subsequent numbers if you have 3 or more chat windows normally displayed separated on screen; ( /script ChatFrame3:Show(); , …)

or -

Create a new chat window with the exact same name and the missing window will reappear. This has resolved the issue for some players.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...703928&sid=1#0

Create a macro for this script:

/script ChatFrame2:Show()

Click that whenever the combat log disappears and it will return with all your settings for it intact.

Last edited by xs4eyesx : 12-11-06 at 05:03 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Dissapearing Chat Box